#1 Bails17

Bails17

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationMiddlebury, IN

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:26 AM

GOOD GRIEF!! Ron Washington sure did not make himself look good last night! And I mean that all the way around. From his decision making to his interviews...just looked like a fish out of water. Even when asked in the second inning what he thought about CJ Wilson throwing harder than normal...he says. "Well...it's real cold out here and it helps guys stay loose!" REALLY!??! I know guys like playing for him (or at least they say they do). However....do you think that's because he really doesn't do much of anything? He is the only guy the lets his bench coach run defensive plays during the game that I know of.

LaRussa may be the complete opposite of Washington. He is in total control of his team at all times. I know..I know...I don't like him either (or better yet I can't stand him), but he is a very talented manager of the game and of his players.

We have already seen the outcome of game one...BIG POINT TO TONY on this one. How much more will decision making play a part in this WS? If we have a bunch of close ball games in this bad boy...I am sorry to say the Rangers are shooting blanks from their managerial gun and will be in big trouble!!!

#2 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:46 AM

LaRussa, for all his personal flaws, is a decent manager. There's just no getting around it. And it sucks.

#3 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:05 AM

Voodoo and Steriods can make anyone a winner
Posted Image

But yes he can manage... :angry:

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#4 Sweet James Jones

Sweet James Jones

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Twitter:SweetJJ1s
  • Facebook:Clay Dodson
  • LocationCookeville, Tennessee

Posted 22 October 2011 - 05:22 PM

Well lets see:

Ron Washington likes to party it up with hookers and cocaine.

Tony La Russa likes to get loaded off a couple of Bud Heavy forties and drive drunk around St Louis in hopes of killing another Cardinals pitcher....

Tough decision.
Betternews is a Bitterbitch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).