4 replies to this topic

#1 cubsfan21

cubsfan21

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

Trade: Rick Porcello and Nick Castellanos for Matt Garza, Carlos Marmol and a top15-20 prospect.

The Detroit Tigers are trying to resign Anibal Sanchez, and won't want to pay arbitration for Porcello.Castellanos is blocked by Miggy. Garza would strengthen their rotation for a year and Marmol could fill their closer role left open by Jose Valverde.

Cubs are trying to part ways with Marmol anyways and get a young midrotation pitcher in return. Castellanos could be the third baseman of the future without giving up too much. Cubs would probably have to eat some or all of Marmol's contract but there could be a match here

#2 J-Nasty

J-Nasty

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Facebook:jason.paronto
  • LocationWhite River Junction, Vt

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

I don't think Detroit would do that deal. Too many questions with Garza that need to be answered first. Detroit is still really high on Castellanos and I think they'll only trade Porcello if someone is willing to overpay for him.

#3 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:24 PM

Garza, Marmol AND a prospect is overpaying.

#4 J-Nasty

J-Nasty

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Facebook:jason.paronto
  • LocationWhite River Junction, Vt

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:41 PM

Garza and Marmol are free agents at the end of this year, and which prospect in the 15-20 range would Detroit target. I think Detroit would laugh in our face with this offer.

#5 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

I don't know why everybody is obsessed with a guy who lead the league in hits allowed... and even though Detroit's defense was atrocious his low strikeout rate is not my cup of tea... and he signed a major league contract out of high school so he's going to be under team control for only a few years

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).