Another way to show just how improbable this season is.
DocPeterWimsey - Today, 08:33 PM
I hope they don't draft Appel even if they have a shot
5412 - Today, 01:20 PM
Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Enhanced Box Score: Cubs 4, Reds 7 – May 24, 2013
Today, 08:36 PM
- Pre-Gamin’: Cubs v. Reds (6:10 CT) – Lineups, Broadcast Info, etc.
Today, 03:23 PM
- This Is It: You’ve Got Three Hours Left to Join the Free BN Fantasy Contest to Win Cash Money, Honey
Today, 02:00 PM
- Cubs Draft Notes: Appel and Gray Still at the Top, Manaea Falling, Youngest Prospects, Draft Details
Today, 12:48 PM
- Miguel Cabrera and Drew Sheppard Are Ridiculous
Today, 11:40 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Cubs Calendar 11/28/12 - Duh
Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:19 AM
Kerry Wood did this in 1998, right? I think Bill Gullickson held the Cubs record before that, and it was sometime in the late 70s or early 80s, with 18 a game.
Our calendar is becoming not so accurate lately.
Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:45 AM
I seem to recall watching Gullickson K 18 batters, but I think it was against the Cubs -- when he was on the Expos?
...Kerry Wood did this in 1998, right? I think Bill Gullickson held the Cubs record before that, and it was sometime in the late 70s or early 80s, with 18 a game...
Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:06 AM
1. Who was the future Cub who got the only Astro hit?
2. Who was the future Cub who k'd 3 times against Kerry?
3. Who was the Cubs catcher?
4. Unrelated to the 20 K Wood game, what left handed pitcher holds the Cubs single game strikeout record - with 12?
Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:47 AM
#4 is the ageless wonder that is Jamie Moyer.
Yes! Moyer is correct, with 12 Ks. Unfortunately, I'd have to say that is pretty safe for the foreseeable future. Although it would be pretty cool to see that "Wood" had the Cubs strikeout record for both right handed and left handed pitchers.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).