Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Add the Yankees to the List of Teams Interested in Jeff Samardzija
Today, 11:01 AM
- Is Shin-Soo Choo Going to Get $100 Million? Calculating His Expected Contract
Today, 10:18 AM
- The Importance of Perspective on a Jeff Samardzija Extension
Today, 09:08 AM
- Eric Hinske Will Recruit All The Free Agents and Other Bullets
Today, 08:15 AM
- Recapping Another Busy Weekend in Case You Missed Any of the Busy-ness
Today, 07:05 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Cubs Calendar 11/28/12 - Duh
Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:19 AM
Kerry Wood did this in 1998, right? I think Bill Gullickson held the Cubs record before that, and it was sometime in the late 70s or early 80s, with 18 a game.
Our calendar is becoming not so accurate lately.
Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:45 AM
I seem to recall watching Gullickson K 18 batters, but I think it was against the Cubs -- when he was on the Expos?
...Kerry Wood did this in 1998, right? I think Bill Gullickson held the Cubs record before that, and it was sometime in the late 70s or early 80s, with 18 a game...
Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:06 AM
1. Who was the future Cub who got the only Astro hit?
2. Who was the future Cub who k'd 3 times against Kerry?
3. Who was the Cubs catcher?
4. Unrelated to the 20 K Wood game, what left handed pitcher holds the Cubs single game strikeout record - with 12?
Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:47 AM
#4 is the ageless wonder that is Jamie Moyer.
Yes! Moyer is correct, with 12 Ks. Unfortunately, I'd have to say that is pretty safe for the foreseeable future. Although it would be pretty cool to see that "Wood" had the Cubs strikeout record for both right handed and left handed pitchers.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).