Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:

Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's birthdays

No members are celebrating a birthday today

Photo

How long has everyone been on Bleacher Nation??

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 Cerambam

Cerambam

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Twitter:cerambam1736
  • Facebook:michael Anthony

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:53 PM

So this could be fun....The latest podcast made me wonder about how and when I got started on bleachernation. So thinking back, I believe first stumbled upon the site during the Brian Roberts saga. Also, i remember the old front page format when the articles were just posted without separate links. Anyone have any idea about when that was? And when and how did you guys get started? Lets see who, besides Ace, is the oldest. My money is on Michigan Goat.

#2 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:08 PM

I started reading right before the 2011 season started. I think one of the longest "regulars" is King Jeff.

#3 FFP

FFP

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 404 posts
  • LocationWorcester County, Massachusetts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:22 AM

I came over with Theo from Boston as a PTBNL (Poster to be named later) last off-season. Like many members, I suppose, I read for a few months before joining.

I think I joined almost the same instant that Tommy did. The site I used to frequent in Boston was more--acerbic-- than BN, and Tommy's posting tone really let me know I was somewhere brand new.

The "join date" sort on the "Members" page has Hard Top as the third BNer among 'qualifying' posters after Brett and MG. I like that, too.

#4 T C

T C

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Twitter:@tommyecook
  • LocationThe University of Illinois

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:50 AM

My cousin sent me a link from BN right before the Garza trade started heating up, so that would be, what, late 2010? I probably didn't start commenting until a bit after that

EDIT: Also, to go along with what Spencer mentioned, yeah, King Jeff (who declared himself King when a bunch of lame poser Jeffs started posting) has been around forever. He was part of the group of commenters I remember reading when I first found this place, along with Bric, TWC, MG, Serio, Cheryl, the always entertaining Redbirdfan, Philoe Beddoe, etc. cool group of folks

#5 Mike Taylor (no relation)

Mike Taylor (no relation)

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:16 AM

Brett has everyone's IP in a database, he could tell us when we joined. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!!!

#6 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:20 AM

I'm a late comer, only been here a couple of years. I used to read the message boards at Cubs.com, but never posted there. Those folks put the "douche" in douchenozzle. I stumbled in here via google one day, and life has never been the same.
Please don't feed the psychos.

#7 Tommy

Tommy

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • LocationPekin, IL

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:11 AM

I came over with Theo from Boston as a PTBNL (Poster to be named later) last off-season. Like many members, I suppose, I read for a few months before joining.

I think I joined almost the same instant that Tommy did. The site I used to frequent in Boston was more--acerbic-- than BN, and Tommy's posting tone really let me know I was somewhere brand new.

The "join date" sort on the "Members" page has Hard Top as the third BNer among 'qualifying' posters after Brett and MG. I like that, too.

Thanks FFP! Assuming I'm the Tommy you were talking about. I do think we came about the same time. This is a great site with a ton of great Cub fans and a lot of good senses of humor to go along with that. Keeps me coming back for sure!
- diehard fanclub member #002

#8 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:50 AM

December, 2008.

If I had to guess, I'd say the earliest regular was a guy named Coldneck, who was a buddy from my days at SOI. Since he commented on something a few days ago, he must still read. I remember him commenting on things in January 2009, because, in those days, when I got a comment or two, I was over the moon.

#9 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:15 AM

December, 2008.

If I had to guess, I'd say the earliest regular was a guy named Coldneck, who was a buddy from my days at SOI. Since he commented on something a few days ago, he must still read. I remember him commenting on things in January 2009, because, in those days, when I got a comment or two, I was over the moon.

Yeah, I think I read the site for almost an entire season before I started leaving comments, mostly because no one else did, and the one's that did, just ripped on Brett mostly. I started during the 2009 season, some of my worst memories of being a Cubs fan came from comments after they got swept out of the playoffs the year before. That's when I became a BN regular, other sites had way too much negativity going on, and Brett always seemed to be able to find something interesting to write about. Now I can't even imagine going to a different site, or wanting to experience the highs and lows of Cub-dom with any other group of people. If I remember correctly, I think Bric was the only "regular" who was posting when I started frequenting, but I don't see him around much anymore.

#10 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:22 AM

I remember coming across BN searching for info in '09 and '10, but didn't stick around at that time (sorry Brett (although I believe this was always my last stop since I found my answers)). Middle of the 2011 season I began reading regular and towards the end of the season I began commenting. I didn't find the message board until November 1st and I guess I have enjoyed it since I have the 8th most posts. I guess I've been around just long enough to know Jeff when he was only a prince and to see a few come and go. There have been some pretty witty commenters role through here. Some are still around and just don't comment too much anymore.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#11 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:17 AM

Oh, and I should have said: yes, Jeff (originally Peace Knuckle, yes?) is the oldest regular commenter/poster/reader that I can recall sticking around for the whole time.

#12 Katie

Katie

Wait, is this not ChristianMingle.com?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Twitter:@katiekatcubs

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:27 AM

I lurked for awhile but really started posting when Theo came over.
Peg: Oh Al! Did you miss me?
Al: With every bullet, so far.

#13 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:40 AM

I like you're knew signature Katie. When did you change it?
Posted Image
Best. Show. Ever.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#14 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:31 AM

Oh, and I should have said: yes, Jeff (originally Peace Knuckle, yes?) is the oldest regular commenter/poster/reader that I can recall sticking around for the whole time.

So, wait, I'm the "old man" of the group? :blink:

#15 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:54 AM

I've been reading the site during the Quade era because I got tired of reading Muskat's aloofness and needed a more entertaining, thoughtful, and "obsessive" analysis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).