Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:

Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's birthdays

Photo

How long has everyone been on Bleacher Nation??

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#31 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

This discussion is making me think about the fact that there are probably a huge number of readers who have no idea why some of you call me Ace.

I'll admit that's part of the reason I still do it. But it's also the name I first knew you by. Once Duffman, forever Duffman, in my book. I'm sure some of you might, possibly, still consider me a hippie due to my original avatar. Good thing I've gotten past that.

whew. really dodged a bullet putting out that vibe with your current one.

#32 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:25 PM

Brett by the way what's this new warning points thing?

You're up to 1 now. Watch it.

Yes, stop trying to hijack this thread.

From 2007-2010 I was a BCB regular. I'd say in 2009 I checked in on the site a few times but I mostly thought Brett was an ass for posting a link to his site in his signature over at BCB (back in the Ace Cubbie days). Some point in summer of 2011 I came over and started commenting regularly in August 2011.

I think.

Pfft. Why did that make me a douche? It was fairly standard blog behavior back in those days.

There are so many other good reasons I'm a douche.

He won't mention the other reasons, because he is afraid of Warning Points.

I didn't say it made you a douche - I just thought you were. Turns out I was right - just not for the right reason(s).

#33 Stinky Pete

Stinky Pete

The Woodward AND Bernstein of the Message Board

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:19 AM

SO glad I found this site during the Theo ordeal last year. I came over from NSBB. Which was a step up from the Scout website. But I do recall Ace on the Scout site way back in '04 or 05 ending many posts with "Just Sayin'". So when I post that here, it's my little mini tribute.

Just Sayin'...

#34 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,367 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:47 AM

This discussion is making me think about the fact that there are probably a huge number of readers who have no idea why some of you call me Ace.

I'll admit that's part of the reason I still do it. But it's also the name I first knew you by. Once Duffman, forever Duffman, in my book. I'm sure some of you might, possibly, still consider me a hippie due to my original avatar. Good thing I've gotten past that.

Yeah, I have to admit. When we met up for a couple of beers the kilt threw me off just a bit.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#35 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,367 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:50 AM

Brett by the way what's this new warning points thing?

Someone should really start a thread on this thing.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#36 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,639 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:06 AM

SO glad I found this site during the Theo ordeal last year. I came over from NSBB. Which was a step up from the Scout website. But I do recall Ace on the Scout site way back in '04 or 05 ending many posts with "Just Sayin'". So when I post that here, it's my little mini tribute.

Just Sayin'...

Whoa, Pete - were you on there back in the CubsTalk / InsideTheIvy days? What was your handle?

#37 Stinky Pete

Stinky Pete

The Woodward AND Bernstein of the Message Board

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:42 AM

Just Sayin'...

Whoa, Pete - were you on there back in the CubsTalk / InsideTheIvy days? What was your handle?

Priorrulestheworld. I didn't post much there. And it was really my first experience with message boards. I really got chewed out for starting a new thread about how I thought Prior looked like Ace Ventura when he was in the stretch.
I did get tickets through the message board for the game in 2004 that happened to be Nomar's 1st as a Cub, Maddux's first try at win #300 and I believe, Dempster's fist game as a Cub. Did you go to that?

#38 Cerambam

Cerambam

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Twitter:cerambam1736
  • Facebook:michael Anthony

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:13 PM

Just Sayin'...

Priorrulestheworld.

Priorrulestheworld hahahha maybe it should have been TheunsinkableTitanic

#39 justinjabs

justinjabs

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Twitter:justinjabs
  • LocationMilwaukee

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:27 PM

I lurked for awhile before joining. I don't remember when. I might go back through the archives and try to see when I started lurking.

Posted Image

"With Reed we will succeed."
Twitter -- Blog

#40 TheRiot2

TheRiot2

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationPine City,Mn.

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:15 PM

62 years of following the Cubs.Going to Cubs games and at first sitting in the bleacher seats @ .50 cents.My how times have changed, :)
As far as Bleacher Nation goes I've been reading on a regular basis,but just started posting here.I have to say I have received countless positive vibes here and can say, here I'll stay.

#41 Diesel

Diesel

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:30 PM

Brett has everyone's IP in a database, he could tell us when we joined. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!!!

I am Hugh
Resistance is not futile

#42 Diesel

Diesel

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:34 PM

I figured out the Ace name by reading comments and Brett's replies to the name Ace. I for one am not a moron. I will admit most of the times that I post I may be a little drunk but hey it is liquid courage right? At least I don't feel like a moron until the next day when it is too late to take it back.

#43 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:07 AM

I will admit most of the times that I post I may be a little drunk but hey it is liquid courage right? At least I don't feel like a moron until the next day when it is too late to take it back.

For what it's worth, I don't think Fishin' Phil has ever posted sober.

#44 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:47 AM

I will admit most of the times that I post I may be a little drunk but hey it is liquid courage right? At least I don't feel like a moron until the next day when it is too late to take it back.

For what it's worth, I don't think Fishin' Phil has ever posted sober.

Listen Occifer, I've been drinking since I was 13, and I know my cacapity! <hic>
Please don't feed the psychos.

#45 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:32 PM

considering how early the puppet posts in the morning I he must be putting gin in his coffee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).