Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:

Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's birthdays

No members are celebrating a birthday today

Photo

How long has everyone been on Bleacher Nation??

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#46 Rick Vaughn 99

Rick Vaughn 99

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Facebook:kloyer5
  • LocationAnchorage, AK

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:19 AM

I've been on here for a few years. I had a folder of links for about ten different Cubs blogs I would open daily. Every few months I would delete the ones that didn't please me. Eventually it was just BN and Thunder Matt's Saloon. When Thunder Matt's went away, BN became my exclusive source for everything Cubs.

I didn't start commenting until after the season ended last year. I think it was probably a drunken night of arguing with trolls that got me to actually set up an account. For a few months I always had the site open, refreshing it every 10 minutes or so. Loved the conversations from both the posts and message board. Unfortunately my timezone prevented me from being a part of the premium discussions during the day and I just kind of got tired of the late night trolls. I still read everything that Brett blesses us with, but I don't have the time to be as involved as much as I'd like to. I drink less too now. I run my mouth a lot less when I'm sober.

Love the regulars on here though. The two fantasy leagues I've been lucky enough to be involved with have been awesome. People would be stunned with what BN_TC is doing with the scoring this offseason. I think I'm looking forward more to next season's fantasy league than the actual baseball season.
- die hard fanclub member #001

#47 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:18 AM

The fantasy leagues are the two best leagues that I have ever been in. One of the best byproducts of being a reader of BN.

#48 Myles

Myles

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:40 AM

I don't even remember the name of the first site I was a part of, it was some awful forum that had a small place for each team. Then, for a while, I did the BCB and Goat Riders of the Apocalypse. GROTA eventually stopped being as Cubs-focused as I liked, and I honestly can't stand the heavy-handed moderation and self-aggrandizing at BCB any more, so I "went to the enemy" as it were, and followed Hire Jim Essian and desipio.com back when they updated regularly. After a while, they sort of lost interest, so I had nowhere to go for news. Then, during January of this year, I out of whimsy just googled Cubs blog, and waded through until I found ObstructedView and BleacherNation, and never looked back. This is the best Cubs site I've found, and OV is really good too.

I also honestly like arguing with Kyle, even if I secretly agree with him on nearly every point.

I don't know what I'd do if I didn't find BN... :tear:

#49 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:03 AM

I agree our fantasy league is gr9 especially how quickly we're replacing deadbeat owners so even the cellar dwellers are dangerous

#50 Johnr42

Johnr42

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:41 PM

I post very very rarely, and just signed up for the message boards this year, but have been lurking in the shadows reading for a long time. I don't know if it was the very beginning or not, but it's been a while.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).