3 replies to this topic

#1 rw4392

rw4392

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:27 PM

Just thinking if there is any chance we could get Myers from the Royals? It would be a dream fit for us. Maybe Garza, Sori, Lake and another throw in plus we pay all of Graza's salary this year and 20Mil of Soriano's remaing contract. Just killing time figured I would see what you guys thought.

#2 Myles

Myles

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:29 AM

Not nearly, nearly enough. If Garza was definitely healthy and willing to sign an extension, it'd be a lot closer.

#3 Rated Rookie

Rated Rookie

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Twitter:@Frankieaaron

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:34 AM

It's not that we don't have enough so much as other teams have more. KC would likely prefer to move Butler, Gordon, or Moustakas, or pretty much anyone else other than Myers. However, I'd see what they want for Lorenzo Cain and let them keep Myers. A Garza/Cain swap with additional pieces going each way isn't out of the question. Cain might not sound like much for Garza, but remember, he's on the final year of his contract, coming off an injury, and if we don't plan to contend and/or resign him, he's a chip we must cash in at some point. I remember a lot of strong ruumors last season, but we kept him and it backfired.

#4 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:12 PM

I'd rather they tried to get Moustakas than Cain or even Myers. There is a giant hole at third base and probably no one to fill it available in the system or free agency. Moustakas is young enough that he can be an organizational cornerstone, and he might be cheaper to acquire than Myers. I wouldn't mind having Cain, but I don't like the idea of trading proven starting pitching without getting some kind of starting pitching prospects back, at least not at the point where the Cubs are at right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).