Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:42 AM

Did anyone else catch Sveum on Intentional Talk yesterday? He told a story about going hunting with Robin Yount "not too long ago". They were hunting pheasant and Sveum was about 50 yards ahead of Yount, some pheasants started to come up and Yount raised his gun following them and shot. He hit Sveum. He had to use some pliers to get a pellet out of his ear. He was also pelted in the back with the shot. Sveum said that he had blood pouring down from his ear but got about 10 pheasants after that.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#2 Spriggs

Spriggs

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:05 AM

Yes, I saw it. That was hilarious. It was the "Boy's Club" topic and it will be hard to top. Milar and Rose will be talking about that all year.

Also, I noticed that his entire interview was practically void of his customary "uh's" and "ya know's" that were normally laced throughout his post game interviews and other appearances last year. I wonder if he somehow addressed that.

#3 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:53 AM

He seemed very comfortable during the interview. Another possibility for the void of filler sounds could be that he knew they were not going to be asking much about the club and he didn't have to worry about giving away too much. Or, he was drunk.

I agree Spriggs Millar and Rose will be having fun with that one for awhile.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#4 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:07 PM

Yes, I saw it. That was hilarious. It was the "Boy's Club" topic and it will be hard to top. Milar and Rose will be talking about that all year.

Also, I noticed that his entire interview was practically void of his customary "uh's" and "ya know's" that were normally laced throughout his post game interviews and other appearances last year. I wonder if he somehow addressed that.

Getting shot takes a lot of pressure off of everyday situations. He's probably just more at ease now. Plus, he's bulletproof, so what's he got to worry about?

#5 Spriggs

Spriggs

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:02 PM

Getting shot takes a lot of pressure off of everyday situations. He's probably just more at ease now. Plus, he's bulletproof, so what's he got to worry about?

Hey, maybe this can be a new cure for stuttering - heck maybe all sorts of personal problems. Yount could make some money.

#6 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

Hey, maybe this can be a new cure for stuttering - heck maybe all sorts of personal problems. Yount could make some money.

How much more money does he need? He already endorses Vizubat.

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#7 Myles

Myles

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:43 AM

I'm not sure how you guys can watch Intentional Talk, it's almost painful to listen to those guys.

#8 Spriggs

Spriggs

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:52 AM

I'm not sure how you guys can watch Intentional Talk, it's almost painful to listen to those guys.

It does get annoying at times, but I like Millar.

#9 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:15 AM

It does get annoying at times, but I like Millar.

I used to really hate it, but now it's grown on me. Now I only hate Brain Kenny.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).