King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:21 PM

I'd probably keep Bundy. Ace material is hard to come by.

Me too, I'm keeping Bundy in our league.

#32 T C

T C

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Twitter:@tommyecook
  • LocationThe University of Illinois

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:30 PM

So, I'm bumping this because I need opinions again. I made some trades, did some add/drops, and now my roster looks like this:

Victor Martinez
Anthony Rizzo
Ben Zobrist
Evan Longoria
Troy Tulowitzki
Mark Trumbo
Matt Holliday
Ben Revere
Starling Marte
Oscar Taveras
Macro Scutaro
Wil Myers

Rafael Soriano
Carlos Marmol
Trevor Bauer
Shelby Miller
Jarrod Parker
Mat Latos
Jake Odorizzi
Felix Hernandez
Justin Verlander
Dylan Bundy
Zack Wheeler
Danny Hultzen

I can keep ten guys; they come off the front of the draft in rounds 1-10. If I keep less than 10, then I get those picks (so if I keep 8 I get to pick in rds 9 and 10).

To me, I have nine locks: Verlander, Felix, Latos, Rizzo, Zobrist, Tulo, Longo, Trumbo, Holliday. I can't decide if I should keep one of the prospect-y types that I picked up as soon as our commish unlocked add/drops, (which I did mainly so other people couldn't stash them) or leave it at nine and pick up that 10th round pick instead and see if the other owners didn't keep someone really good. VMart would be the other guy I'd maybe consider keeping, but I think I'll be able to draft him.

Taveras Bundy Miller would be my last three guys. That said, your team is so good that you can win now, easily, by keeping MLB'ers instead. Alos, usually those "early" picks you get by not keeping 10 aren't nearly as valuable as a guy you could've kept instead.

Long term view: Taveras, Bundy, Wheeler.
Second half help & long-term mix: Taveras Wheeler Miller (the choice between Wheeler/Bundy/Miller is really close to me, I don't think there's a whole lot of difference between them)
Win Now view: Parker Myers Miller. Miller has a really good shot at winning a starting role this year, and I cannot stress enough how much I think win-now is the right move. Your team is fucking stacked.

Also, I know you didn't ask about this, but if I were you I'd strongly consider keepingTrumbo, or pawning him off to someone else pre-draft. If you're in a roto league, Trumbo's power is a nice thing to have, but in a points league I don't think he's anything special. Last year's first half was likely a mirage, and he struggled mightily in the second half. He's a high-k, low walk, low avg dude who isn't all that great. I count a bunch of guys on your roster I'd rather have

#33 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  • Twitter:@ltblaize
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:06 PM

Bundy's a good bet to get you half a season or so this year, and aces are really hard to find in a good keeper league. You pretty much have to snag 'em early and ride it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).