Looking to split bleacher seats for Combo plan or Full Season
pitching101 - Yesterday, 09:04 AM
Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Lukewarm Stove: Samardzija, Granderson, Price, Tanaka, Saltalamacchia, More
Yesterday, 02:36 PM
- Cubs Lose 2013 Rule 5 Draft Pick to Phillies Because of Lendy Castillo Shenanigans
Yesterday, 02:00 PM
- No Edward Mujica for the Cubs: Signs Two-Year Deal with Red Sox
Yesterday, 11:05 AM
- Latest on Tanaka and the Posting System: Deal Coming Today? Cubs Still Heavily Involved?
Yesterday, 10:22 AM
- Obsessive Wrigley Renovation Watch: License Committee Signs Off on Tweaks, Plaza Booze Delayed
Yesterday, 09:55 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Cubs Calendar 12/7/12 - another no-hitter
Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:48 AM
Believe it was Sam Jones. The first black player to throw a no no. I think that Frank Thomas was one of the guys he walked...didn't know the Big Hurt had been playing that long
Brickhouse used to talk about "Toothpick" Jones and that no-hitter a lot back in the day. Frank Thomas played on the Cubs a year or two after that. He was pretty good, very good for a few years, but Thomas is one of those guys who was better both before and after he was on the Cubs.
PS: I just looked up Thomas' stats. Check out his final year... I hadn't remembered that!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).