Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Chicago Cubs Sign Reliever Wesley Wright to One-Year Deal
Yesterday, 08:43 PM
- MLB and NPB Reportedly on the Verge of a “Maximum Bid” Posting System – And the Max is Just $20 Million
Yesterday, 05:36 PM
- Report: Cubs Will Do “Serious Listening” on Jeff Samardzija Next Week at the Winter Meetings
Yesterday, 03:48 PM
- Lukewarm Stove: Diamondbacks Want an Ace, but Archie Bradley’s Off Limits Even for David Price
Yesterday, 02:08 PM
- Interesting Non-Tenders from Around the League: Bailey, Turner, Wright, Hudson, Belisario, Others
Yesterday, 11:59 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Cubs Calendar 12/7/12 - another no-hitter
Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:48 AM
Believe it was Sam Jones. The first black player to throw a no no. I think that Frank Thomas was one of the guys he walked...didn't know the Big Hurt had been playing that long
Brickhouse used to talk about "Toothpick" Jones and that no-hitter a lot back in the day. Frank Thomas played on the Cubs a year or two after that. He was pretty good, very good for a few years, but Thomas is one of those guys who was better both before and after he was on the Cubs.
PS: I just looked up Thomas' stats. Check out his final year... I hadn't remembered that!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).