Selling any non-Yankee and non-Cardinals game for Face Value
NorthSideIrish - Mar 07 2014 10:03 AM
Steamers likes Cubs pitching prospects better than hitters this year
udbrky - Mar 04 2014 12:06 PM
Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Lukewarm Stove: Ryan Kalish Making Nate Schierholtz Expendable?
Today, 06:06 PM
- Spring Training Miscellany: Cubs 3, Giants 2 – March 10, 2014
Today, 05:00 PM
- Pre-Gamin’: Cubs v. Giants (3:05 CT) – Lineup, Broadcast Info, etc.
Today, 12:35 PM
- Lukewarm Stove: Injury Shake-Up, Samardzija, Santana, Diaz, Carpenter, Headley (UPDATE)
Today, 10:59 AM
- Could the Cubs’ TV Deal Look More Like the Dodgers’ Deal Than the Phillies?
Today, 09:30 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Cubs Calendar 12/7/12 - another no-hitter
Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:48 AM
Believe it was Sam Jones. The first black player to throw a no no. I think that Frank Thomas was one of the guys he walked...didn't know the Big Hurt had been playing that long
Brickhouse used to talk about "Toothpick" Jones and that no-hitter a lot back in the day. Frank Thomas played on the Cubs a year or two after that. He was pretty good, very good for a few years, but Thomas is one of those guys who was better both before and after he was on the Cubs.
PS: I just looked up Thomas' stats. Check out his final year... I hadn't remembered that!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).