Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Chicago Cubs Reportedly Sign Pitcher Tsuyoshi Wada to a Minor League Deal
Yesterday, 07:16 PM
- Winter Meetings Denouement: What Did or Didn’t Happen with Jeff Samardzija, and What Comes Next?
Yesterday, 01:01 PM
- Another Meh Option Off the Board: Joba Chamberlain Reportedly to Sign With Tigers
Yesterday, 12:42 PM
- Minor Acquisitions: Tommy Hottovy, Charles Cutler
Yesterday, 10:58 AM
- Chicago Cubs Trade Brian Bogusevic to the Miami Marlins for Justin Ruggiano
Yesterday, 08:40 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Cubs Calendar 12/7/12 - another no-hitter
Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:48 AM
Believe it was Sam Jones. The first black player to throw a no no. I think that Frank Thomas was one of the guys he walked...didn't know the Big Hurt had been playing that long
Brickhouse used to talk about "Toothpick" Jones and that no-hitter a lot back in the day. Frank Thomas played on the Cubs a year or two after that. He was pretty good, very good for a few years, but Thomas is one of those guys who was better both before and after he was on the Cubs.
PS: I just looked up Thomas' stats. Check out his final year... I hadn't remembered that!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).