2 Tickets, Aisle 219, for Tomorrow's 100th Anniversary game.
MaxM1908 - Yesterday, 03:28 PM
2 tickets to 100th Birthday Game - 1st row upper deck
NorthSideIrish - Yesterday, 01:00 PM
Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Afore the Game: Packers v. Chi-Feds (1:20 CT) – Lineups, Broadcast Info, etc.
Today, 10:12 AM
- The Cubs Will Have to Jump Through More Hoops to Provide Free Parking
Today, 10:02 AM
- Jake Arrieta Will Get One More Rehab Start Before Returning
Today, 09:25 AM
- Hello: Here’s a $100,000(!) Fantasy Contest for Your Enjoyment and Enrichment
Today, 08:34 AM
- Happy Birthday Wrigley Field and Other Bullets
Today, 08:00 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Cubs Calendar 12/7/12 - another no-hitter
Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:48 AM
Believe it was Sam Jones. The first black player to throw a no no. I think that Frank Thomas was one of the guys he walked...didn't know the Big Hurt had been playing that long
Brickhouse used to talk about "Toothpick" Jones and that no-hitter a lot back in the day. Frank Thomas played on the Cubs a year or two after that. He was pretty good, very good for a few years, but Thomas is one of those guys who was better both before and after he was on the Cubs.
PS: I just looked up Thomas' stats. Check out his final year... I hadn't remembered that!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).