Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Chicago Cubs Claim Pitcher Liam Hendriks Off of Waivers from the Twins
Today, 01:03 PM
- Another Reason to Expect Masahiro Tanaka to Be Posted? Other NPB Teams Want to Pay to Get Him Out
Today, 12:30 PM
- Prospects Progress: John Andreoli
Today, 11:36 AM
- The Asking Price for Jeff Samardzija Has Indeed Been as Lofty as it Should Be
Today, 10:01 AM
- Obsessive Wrigley Renovation Watch: Mayor and Alderman Want Cubs to Start Work, City May Be Pushing Rooftops
Today, 08:44 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Cubs Calendar 12/7/12 - another no-hitter
Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:48 AM
Believe it was Sam Jones. The first black player to throw a no no. I think that Frank Thomas was one of the guys he walked...didn't know the Big Hurt had been playing that long
Brickhouse used to talk about "Toothpick" Jones and that no-hitter a lot back in the day. Frank Thomas played on the Cubs a year or two after that. He was pretty good, very good for a few years, but Thomas is one of those guys who was better both before and after he was on the Cubs.
PS: I just looked up Thomas' stats. Check out his final year... I hadn't remembered that!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).