Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:

Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's birthdays

No members are celebrating a birthday today

Photo

If a World Series took place in the woods? Would it make noise?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Oswego Chris

Oswego Chris

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Twitter:oswegochris23
  • LocationOswego, Illinois

Posted 23 October 2011 - 10:35 AM

I should note that I am only writing this quick little piece because I got a text from one of my Cardinal buddies today mocking the Theo hire.

Really....it's amazing how far the Series has dropped in the Sporting World...you are more likely to see the 59th replay of Michigan States' hail mary victory over Wisconsin than Pujols 3 homeruns.

So to all you snooty "Now Theriot knows what it's like to win" Cardinal fans...the hard truth: more people in baseball are interested in our new president than in this World Series. This is the lowest rated series so far since 1987, when the Twins played somebody, oh I can't remember...oh, that's right...The Cards.

Yes I respect the organization. Stan Musial is one of my favorites of all time. I think Dave Duncan is the true genius behind the magical Tony LaRussa. I do though still think Pujols needs to pee in a cup.

But the bottom line is for all your on the field dominance over the Cubs(and you have, I will give you that) you are still an afterthought on the big stage. Nobody cares other than you. Which is probably fine with most of you in Missoura. Just realize that if the Cubs ever do get consistent and start winning, you will be an even bigger afterthought, like the White Sox.

So I won't mind if you win, I won't mind seeing Nolan Ryan, Ron Washington and George W. Bush upset, and hey, if you win, you might be a bit more relevant.

#2 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 23 October 2011 - 05:59 PM

Don't get me wrong, it pleases me greatly to see the Cardinal in a World Series that no one seem to give a damn about.

But, it makes me a bit sad about the state of the sport, overall. Interest is at a multi-decade low.

I guess that makes it an even better time for a banner franchise like the Cubs to turn things around and become a perennial success.

#3 Internet Random

Internet Random

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 23 October 2011 - 06:59 PM

Yes, yes, yes.

And let me give a particular yes to this:

Stan Musial is one of my favorites of all time.

Respect. Whenever I hear somebody say, "[Blank's] the man," my inner dialog is, "No, there's only one 'the man', and it's Stan the Man."

My Ignore List:
Crockett, mountsalami, sans

#4 Dave

Dave

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSpringfield, MO

Posted 23 October 2011 - 09:29 PM

I do love watching the Cards lose.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).