#16 Tommy

Tommy

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • LocationPekin, IL

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:24 PM

Nosir, I do not, but what makes you ask? Do you know someone from Pekin Insurance? I work at a company named Excel Foundry & Machine. Our CEO was on national news with Aaron Schock before the elections - you may have seen that!

You're a Rockfordian, aren't you? My parents lived there for years, and I have some siblings there and in the surrounding area (Rockton), as well.
- diehard fanclub member #002

#17 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,054 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

I work at a company named Excel Foundry & Machine.

Dude! I've been looking for ages for someone to manufacture some gyratory crusher components! I had no idea it was as easy as this. I'll send you the specs...

#18 Tommy

Tommy

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • LocationPekin, IL

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

LOL! I"m on it, bro!

#19 Voice of reason

Voice of reason

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:19 PM

The hole Hendry dug was giving out no trade clauses.

You can sign whoever you want and then trade them for prospects later.

Padres are out on Edwin Jackson if it goes to a 4th year. I agree with Brett, in that, we should only go as high as 4/$48M-$50M.

Deal Garza to Texas for 3B Olt and RHSP Grimm (or LHSP Perez if you can) in the middle of Spring Training.

You say the problem is no trade clauses and not the length and the money in the contracts.

Then give me a list of players we could have traded, but the no trade clauses caused the problem of trading that player.

I'll give you dumpster, but I'll wait to see your list which will have to be lengthy.

The hole Hendry dug was giving out no trade clauses.

You can sign whoever you want and then trade them for prospects later.

Padres are out on Edwin Jackson if it goes to a 4th year. I agree with Brett, in that, we should only go as high as 4/$48M-$50M.

Deal Garza to Texas for 3B Olt and RHSP Grimm (or LHSP Perez if you can) in the middle of Spring Training.

#20 Cubsin

Cubsin

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationO'Fallon, IL 62269

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:27 AM

I really don't understand the logic of signing Jackson or Marcum, then turning around and trading Garza. Wouldn't it be easier to extend Garza? Won't Garza be the best of these three pitchers in the future?

#21 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:31 AM

Nosir, I do not, but what makes you ask? Do you know someone from Pekin Insurance? I work at a company named Excel Foundry & Machine. Our CEO was on national news with Aaron Schock before the elections - you may have seen that!

You're a Rockfordian, aren't you? My parents lived there for years, and I have some siblings there and in the surrounding area (Rockton), as well.

I'm an agent for Pekin, so I know many people at the company. I was just wondering if you were someone I knew from real life.

I'm actually in Machesney Parkansas, so I can smell Rockton from here.
Please don't feed the psychos.

#22 Tommy

Tommy

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • LocationPekin, IL

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:50 AM

Phil - if you're ever in the Pekin area, let me know and we'll go out to lunch and talk Cubbies or something! Many fine restaurant establishments here (ok, maybe not!).

And no, I'm not a person in real life, but I play one on tv!

#23 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:19 AM

I was just wondering if you were someone I knew from real life.
I'm actually in Machesney Parkansas, so I can smell Rockton from here.

And no, I'm not a person in real life, but I play one on tv!

Wait. What? I don't understand. What are you trying to say? This, this isn't real?

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#24 Tommy

Tommy

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • LocationPekin, IL

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:54 AM

Wait. What? I don't understand. What are you trying to say? This, this isn't real?

Take the blue pill, Neo.

#25 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:09 AM

Take the blue pill, Neo.

Ha, I was thinking more Inception.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#26 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:30 AM

I really don't understand the logic of signing Jackson or Marcum, then turning around and trading Garza. Wouldn't it be easier to extend Garza? Won't Garza be the best of these three pitchers in the future?

The logic behind this would be selling Garza at the peak of his value and not locking him into a contract that would probably only pay for declining performance.

And, Tim, it's only as real as you think it is. Now, does the top stop at the end or not????????

#27 TheRiot2

TheRiot2

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationPine City,Mn.

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:06 AM

Very interesting... If you take the xFIP over the last 2 years, the distance between Jackson and Marcum stays about the same.

While checking out both pitchers I would be more inclined to push for Jackson over Marcum. Jackson age 28 and Marcum age 31. Jackson has proved durable over his career averaging about 200 innings a season and Marcum has approached that level twice. I'm not sure about Marcum's health history as it,seems I read about an elbow issue with him.Jackson apparently has social skill issues the definition being, he's an A-Hole. I still would rather see the Cubs sign him but not to exceed 3 years,as he's not blocking anybody these next few seasons.

#28 Spriggs

Spriggs

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:38 AM

Very interesting... If you take the xFIP over the last 2 years, the distance between Jackson and Marcum stays about the same.

While checking out both pitchers I would be more inclined to push for Jackson over Marcum. Jackson age 28 and Marcum age 31. Jackson has proved durable over his career averaging about 200 innings a season and Marcum has approached that level twice. I'm not sure about Marcum's health history as it,seems I read about an elbow issue with him.Jackson apparently has social skill issues the definition being, he's an A-Hole. I still would rather see the Cubs sign him but not to exceed 3 years,as he's not blocking anybody these next few seasons.

I am much more interested in Jackson also. I've never heard about the "A-Hole" thing concerning Jackson. Where did you hear that? I like that he is more of ground ball pitcher, but can still miss bats. As you mentioned, he is also more durable and younger than Marcum. But I think the FO will lean towards Marcum, because he doesn't walk quite as many guys. I don't want Marcum, but would settle for him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).