#1 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:37 AM

I'm looking for info from someone who is more experienced with Cubs season tickets than I. This morning, I received the following email from the Cubs:

Congratulations on receiving an invitation to participate in the next Chicago Cubs Season Ticket Holder Waiting List Event!

Your assigned appointment time based on your Waiting List number is Sunday, January 13, at 8:30 a.m.

Please click on the link below for the Waiting List Event and Proxy Form if you would like someone to act on your behalf or if you would like a Cubs representative to make your seat selection.

Chicago Cubs Season Ticket Holders who received an invoice to renew their seats for the 2013 season had until November 12 to respond to purchase seats for 2013. Returning Chicago Cubs Season Ticket Holders had the opportunity, through Saturday, December 1, to relocate and upgrade into seating locations that were not renewed. After December 1, we identified Season Ticket inventory for individuals at the top of our Season Ticket Waiting List. Based on your place near the top of our Season Ticket Waiting List, we hope to have seating locations to offer you and would like to invite you to view and select available Season Ticket locations at Wrigley Field Sunday, January 13.

At your assigned appointment time, please check in at the Budweiser Bleacher entrance at Wrigley Field on the corner of Sheffield and Waveland Avenues. At check-in, you'll be asked to show a government-issued photo ID.

Beginning at your assigned appointment time, you'll be given access to Wrigley Field to view and select seats available for purchase. Although we hope to have seats available Sunday, January 13, please note availability will vary based on our Season Ticket Holder Relocation Event, so we cannot guarantee everyone who receives this email will have the opportunity to purchase tickets. If there are no remaining season ticket locations available at your appointment time, you will retain your position near the top our Season Ticket Waiting List. If seats are available and you decline to purchase, you will be removed from the Chicago Cubs Season Ticket Waiting List.

If you would like to purchase seats in the Budweiser Bleachers please contact us today. Waiting List members purchasing Budweiser Bleacher seats will not be required to attend the event on Sunday, January 13, as all seats in the Budweiser Bleachers are general admission.

I checked my number on the wait list, and I'm 20,340. Should I go to this event, or is everything likely to be sold out by the time they get to me? I don't want to be removed from the list, but I'm not sure how I'm eligible for season tickets given my wait list number.

Help please!

#2 mrmikey

mrmikey

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:@mrmikeytj
  • Facebook:mike.jouwstra

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:08 AM

I got the same email, been on the waiting list for a long time.
I live in South Dakota, not sure if I'll be able to attend the event.

I'm #12164 on the waiting list.

And my assigned appointment time is Saturday, January 12, at 11:00 a.m.

Whats the chances of me actually being able to purchase season tickets at this time?

What if I can't make it, would I be able to have a representative check on my behalf at this appointment?

Thanks!
Mike

#3 Cub Fan Dan

Cub Fan Dan

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Twitter:@DanielGPrice
  • LocationChicago

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:37 PM

Spencer
Try emailing Coln Faulkner, VP of ticket sales directly. I believe his email is cfaulkner@cubs.com.

Best of luck!

#4 CubFanBob

CubFanBob

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:04 PM

I got the same email, been on the waiting list for a long time.
I live in South Dakota, not sure if I'll be able to attend the event.

I'm #12164 on the waiting list.

And my assigned appointment time is Saturday, January 12, at 11:00 a.m.

Whats the chances of me actually being able to purchase season tickets at this time?

What if I can't make it, would I be able to have a representative check on my behalf at this appointment?

Thanks!
Mike

Yes you can have someone go in your assign spot. Just need to alert your season ticket rep. The info should be in the email packet sent to you.

#5 CubFanBob

CubFanBob

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

If you would like to purchase seats in the Budweiser Bleachers please contact us today. Waiting List members purchasing Budweiser Bleacher seats will not be required to attend the event on Sunday, January 13, as all seats in the Budweiser Bleachers are general admission.

I checked my number on the wait list, and I'm 20,340. Should I go to this event, or is everything likely to be sold out by the time they get to me? I don't want to be removed from the list, but I'm not sure how I'm eligible for season tickets given my wait list number.

Help please!

It will not hurt to go. There should be 200 section terrance and 400 lv seats available at the very least.

#6 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

Wow, I didn't get the email and I am sitting 21,140 - be sure to report back after the event, or as you get more info, as it seems I will be up for this event next year.

Update 1: Spam folders are a great place to look every so often. Mine is Sunday at 9:00

Update 1.1: I'm not going, the odds of them needing to replace somewhere around 75% of their season ticket holders is incredibly small.

#7 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:44 PM

Yeah I don't think I'm going either. I'll take the risk.

#8 CubFanBob

CubFanBob

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:41 PM

Last year when my number was called it was for the mid January ticket selection. There were 200's all over mostly on the far ends and plenty of 400's. At the very least it should be the same "type" of selection". You can park on Waveland for free FYI if you do go.

#9 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:41 PM

Last year when my number was called it was for the mid January ticket selection. There were 200's all over mostly on the far ends and plenty of 400's. At the very least it should be the same "type" of selection". You can park on Waveland for free FYI if you do go.

Hmmm. I guess I don't want to get passed over, but I'm not really in a position to own season tickets at this time anyway. Decisions, decisions.

#10 Skewter

Skewter

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:52 PM

Cubs fan Bob, I received one of the season ticket invitations too, I was around 11,000 on the list. I had a couple of questions for Bob if you don't mind.

How many people were invited each hour last year for when you went to the ticket selection event? I was hoping to buy Upper Deck Reserved seats but from the sounds of the posts, there weren't any, was this the case last year?

Thanks!

#11 CubFanBob

CubFanBob

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:07 AM

Around 20 to 40 people every 30 minutes. It's a collection of the season ticket purchaser plus their friends or family. I am a 2nd year owner. Last year when I bought my tickets in early mid January for the first time there were slim to none 500 sections available. It was mostly 400 and 200.

This year the cubs started the season ticket relocation process the Monday after Thanksgiving. I was slotted Thursday and there was plenty of seats from the 500's to the 100's. A friend of mine was a first time buyer this year assigned to go mid December. She was able to get 500 section seats but she said it was slim.

Just a tip you can arrive a few miniutes early to scout with binoculars from the centerfield waiting section .

#12 Skewter

Skewter

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:19 PM

Bob, thanks for the reply and Merry Christmas!

Do you think it's possible to ask your friend what sections were still available in the 500s? I'm assuming they are probable in the OF not IF right?

My seat selection assignment is not til the 2nd week in January. Do you think it's better to go with the special 57 game Bleacher package for now and then I can always upgrade to bowl seats in 2014?

#13 CubFanBob

CubFanBob

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:03 AM

I would expect little to none 500 by mid January but I am only basing this off kazt year.It's cheaper to buy seats in the far outer Terrance 200 section ( far 1st / 3rd base ). I was on the very far 1 st base side against Sheffield last year and actually enjoyed the seats.

#14 Skewter

Skewter

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:01 PM

Thanks Bob. How much are the Terrace far 1st/3rd base sections? You are saying they are less than the UD Reserved season tickets, I thought they were slightly more? Here are the prices that I received on the ticket sheet:

Upper Deck Res. Infield (total with taxes) $1841.28
Upper Deck Res. Outfield (total with taxes) $1631.84
Terrace Res. Infield (total with taxes) $2914.24
Terrace Res. Outfield (total with taxes) $2437.12

Even though I'm not a Bleacher guy as much, I'm kind of leaning on getting the 57 game package for $2138.08 since we all know we are most likely NOT going to make the playoffs this year. Do you think if I go with the 57 game package it would be easier to get better seats in the bowl next year?

Thanks!

#15 CubFanBob

CubFanBob

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:02 PM

Sorry I think I meant slightly cheaper than Terrance Res infield. Your price chart is correct.

Terrace Res. Outfield (total with taxes) $2437.12- this is what I had last year and upgraded over three sections and down to row 6 so I am closer this year but still in Terrace res. It will be easier for you to get a ticket upgrade next year. Even in my second year, and I am sure this is mainly due to the cubs 2012 season and ticket prices, there were plenty of seats from 500 to 100 section to upgrade to this year.

Just head to the event see whats there. If you dont like anything you want you have the bleacher 57 game package to fall back on. I was surprised how much I like my seats on the far first base side terrace res. It was easy in and out from Sheffield / Addison entrance, good view even though wasnt super close etc.

Thanks Bob. How much are the Terrace far 1st/3rd base sections? You are saying they are less than the UD Reserved season tickets, I thought they were slightly more? Here are the prices that I received on the ticket sheet:

Upper Deck Res. Infield (total with taxes) $1841.28
Upper Deck Res. Outfield (total with taxes) $1631.84
Terrace Res. Infield (total with taxes) $2914.24
Terrace Res. Outfield (total with taxes) $2437.12

Even though I'm not a Bleacher guy as much, I'm kind of leaning on getting the 57 game package for $2138.08 since we all know we are most likely NOT going to make the playoffs this year. Do you think if I go with the 57 game package it would be easier to get better seats in the bowl next year?

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).