Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,640 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 24 October 2011 - 01:37 PM

Is an awesome show.

I know I talk about 'LOST' a lot, but 'The Walking Dead' might be the closest a show since 'LOST' has felt to me in terms of matching the emotional depth and attachment to characters (all while within the confines of an exciting, interesting show).

SPOILERY TYPE THING BELOW IF YOU'VE NEVER SEEN THE SHOW:

I especially feel like Shane's story is a really gripping one. Here's a guy whose best friend goes down; he fights for his friend until what he believes is the end; presumably he loses his own family/support; he takes on the father role left by his friend; finds support, comfort, attraction, etc.; and then his friend comes back, and he's expected to just go back to being the buddy. He's not handling it well, but who would?

#2 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 24 October 2011 - 03:43 PM

It is amazing and I LOVE that they have never referred to the "Walkers" as zombies

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#3 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:59 PM

Is an awesome show.

I know I talk about 'LOST' a lot, but 'The Walking Dead' might be the closest a show since 'LOST' has felt to me in terms of matching the emotional depth and attachment to characters (all while within the confines of an exciting, interesting show).

SPOILERY TYPE THING BELOW IF YOU'VE NEVER SEEN THE SHOW:

I especially feel like Shane's story is a really gripping one. Here's a guy whose best friend goes down; he fights for his friend until what he believes is the end; presumably he loses his own family/support; he takes on the father role left by his friend; finds support, comfort, attraction, etc.; and then his friend comes back, and he's expected to just go back to being the buddy. He's not handling it well, but who would?

I like Shane as well, he seems more human than Rick does to me. I might know how the story unfolds, so I'll hold my tongue. All I can say is if they continue to follow the comics, it's about to get even more awesome than it has been.

#4 Sam

Sam

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Twitter:SamVari7
  • Facebook:sam.varipapa
  • LocationBaltimore MD & Huntington WV

Posted 30 October 2011 - 11:35 PM

SPOILER DO NOT READ IF YOU DID NOT WATCH TODAYS EPISODE!!!

I was pretty impressed with tonights episode, especially since the last few episode havent been too good. That being said, what do you guys think about shane? I used to feel sorry for him, but after seeing him shoot the man risking his life to help him escape, it was pretty fucked up.
"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."- Hunter S. Thompson

#5 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,640 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:08 PM

SPOILER DO NOT READ IF YOU DID NOT WATCH TODAYS EPISODE!!!

I was pretty impressed with tonights episode, especially since the last few episode havent been too good. That being said, what do you guys think about shane? I used to feel sorry for him, but after seeing him shoot the man risking his life to help him escape, it was pretty fucked up.

I really can't decide what I think. I still think Shane is a bit of a tragic hero type, but it's hard to know for sure why he did what he did. Obviously he thought it was necessary to save the kid, but it was so quick and impulsive seeming. Lying about it is understandable, but I think we're supposed to be questioning his true motives - love for Carl, or wanting to look like Carl's savior?

#6 Sam

Sam

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Twitter:SamVari7
  • Facebook:sam.varipapa
  • LocationBaltimore MD & Huntington WV

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:44 PM

Exactly. I think that what hedid saved Carl's life. And I want to like Shane, he was put in a pretty shitty situation. Not to mention the way he's being treated by Rick's wife is just aweful. How was Shane supposed to know Rick wasn't dead? I just hope they dont decide to make him a "bad guy"
"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."- Hunter S. Thompson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).