miggy80

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • Twitter:@miggy8035
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:58 AM

I would be down for any Date, Opening Day or there after. I think it would be cool if we Des Moines folk had an unoffical "welcoming group" for any groups that would be coming into Des Moines for a game. I would be apart of that group.

You better Dance, you better live, you better love with a sweet romance. While you still have the chance, I think you better Dance.

#17 PKJ

PKJ

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Twitter:@philkjames

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:46 AM

I'm down! I live in Des Moines and would love to be a part of this. We could hit up the High Life Lounge or Mullets before the game. Sec Taylor Stadium (real Iowa Cubs fans don't call it Principal) is a good time.

#18 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,938 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:48 AM

How about one of the three days of June 7-9? The Cubs are playing the Rangers affiliate that weekend. Friday night has the fireworks but if Saturday or Sunday (heck could make it a BN-aplooza and have all three games) works better for those out of towners then we can play with it.

We could also do monthly games where we all try to get seats together (General Admission would work and offers great seats). First one being April 12th home opener against the Isotopes (Dodgers). After that I propose a loose schedule of:

May 17th - Tuscon Padres
June 7-9 - BN Carnaval
July 12 - Isotopes (Dodgers)
Aug 23 - Memphis Boo-birds!!!! (Warning, this may clash with the State Fair East-Side night (Katie, I know this will be an incredibly tough decision))

We could do a pre-game meet-up at High Life ($10 will get you dinner and a few beers) at 5:30 each of these nights.

#19 miggy80

miggy80

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:16 PM

Hansman great idea! I vote for those dates.

You better Dance, you better live, you better love with a sweet romance. While you still have the chance, I think you better Dance.

#20 Katie

Katie

Wait, is this not ChristianMingle.com?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Twitter:@katiekatcubs

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

Aug 23rd is off for me. Not because of Eastsider night at the fair, it's my son's birthday.
I'm up for about any of the other games, as it stands now.
I think High Life and/ or Mullets would be great. I still think we ought to tailgate in the North parking lot before one of the games.
Peg: Oh Al! Did you miss me?
Al: With every bullet, so far.

#21 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  • Twitter:@ltblaize
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

I'm intending to make a trip out to Iowa this year, but the date is not yet finalized. The Thursday before Memorial Day is looking quite likely though. I'd like to do Kane County on the same trip, and that week works well. I might catch Iowa on Thursday and Kane County (on the road in Peoria) on Friday heading into the three day weekend.

That's still up in the air, though. I should have things nailed down in the coming weeks.

#22 Katie

Katie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

Luke visiting is cause for celebration!!

#23 Katie

Katie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:31 PM

There's a group getting together the weekend of May 17th. Not sure which games we'd go to, but probably the Saturday one. There's also some great seats in the left field corner that are $50 each, but it's all the crappy beer you can drink and crappy food you can eat. There's 7 tables that seat 4 each and have to be purchased in groups of four.

I also enjoy section A or AA which is left field, down by the Cubs bullpen. They are really great about interacting with the fans sitting right there. There's a group of die hard season ticket holders down there too.

There's always the bleachers as well which would be easier, ticket wise. There are 2 party decks.

There's also something called the Tailgater. This from the Iowa Cubs website:
"Start the game off right with a party in the Iowa Cubs Tailgater. You and your group will party directly in front of Principal Park for two hours. The Iowa Cubs tailgater rents for $650 and includes:

16 Reserved Grandstand tickets
All-you-can-eat hamburgers, hot dogs, beer and soft drinks

Choice of Iowa Cubs tee shirt or cap for each person

Just throwing ideas out there.

If May 18th doesn't work for people, I could do other games too.

#24 Cey It

Cey It

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationDes Moines

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:13 PM

Great Idea... love to join as well if the date works. Looking forward to a better level of talent in Des Moines for 2013 and several years beyond.

#25 Stinky Pete

Stinky Pete

The Woodward AND Bernstein of the Message Board

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:45 AM

I'm intending to make a trip out to Iowa this year, but the date is not yet finalized. The Thursday before Memorial Day is looking quite likely though. I'd like to do Kane County on the same trip, and that week works well. I might catch Iowa on Thursday and Kane County (on the road in Peoria) on Friday heading into the three day weekend.

That's still up in the air, though. I should have things nailed down in the coming weeks.

Curious, Does Brett pay for that since it's a business expense?

#26 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  • Twitter:@ltblaize
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

Curious, Does Brett pay for that since it's a business expense?

Hmm. Maybe I need to revise my tax forms...

In any event, the trip to Iowa/Peoria is looking very unlikely at this stage. I still plan on heading down to Tennessee, but I may not be able to make it back to the Midwest this summer after all.

My day job is going to keep me pretty busy this year.

#27 T C

T C

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Twitter:@tommyecook
  • LocationThe University of Illinois

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

Luke, let me know when you're going to Kane County, I'm going to be there a ton this year

#28 Katie

Katie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:22 PM

Luke, let me know when you're going to Kane County, I'm going to be there a ton this year

I wouldn't mind checking out Kane County as well!

#29 miggy80

miggy80

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:27 AM

I'm still down with meeting up for opening night on April 12th. I'm going to start off @ Highlife then grab me a seat in the Bleachers of course. Who's with me?

#30 Katie

Katie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:53 PM

I'm still down with meeting up for opening night on April 12th. I'm going to start off @ Highlife then grab me a seat in the Bleachers of course. Who's with me?

I'm definitely going to attempt Opening Day after doing Opening Day at Wrigley. I also know I'll for sure be there May 18th and any other day y'all throw out there!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).