Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Twitter:@xruben31
  • Facebook:Xavier Ruben Rice
  • LocationStreator, Illinois

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:18 PM

I have been a cubs fan my whole life and i'm pretty excited about what Theo and the Jeds are doing with the rebuild and the prospects they're bringing in. But i just like many other Cub fans are thriving for a big move anywhere from Stanton to Upton to Shields to just getting a prospect for Soriano. Any ideas on what the cubs can do?

#2 calicubsfan007

calicubsfan007

The Guy Who Came Back From the Dead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • LocationWherever I Am, There I Am

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:37 PM

I would just say not to touch Upton, he would cost too much and I am pretty sure he still doesn't want to come here. Unless he changed his NTC teams. I really am on the boat of trying to get a solid prospect for Sori. His value can't be any higher atm.

#3 Dumpgobbler

Dumpgobbler

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:57 PM

I could see Garza, Soriano, Marmol all being dealt. I could also see the FO try to swing a couple guys like Lake, Vitters, McNutt and Szczur for for something.

#4 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:11 AM

Marmol's the most likely to be dealt.. I think teams are going to wait until at least June to make a move on Garza (to see he's healthy and effective) or Soriano (to see if he's still crushing it like he did in the end of 2012)

#5 TheRiot2

TheRiot2

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationPine City,Mn.

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:02 AM

I'm for nixing the idea of trading for a 22 yr. old All-Star in Stanton and in the process giving up far too many of our top prospects. I'm content to see the rebuild continue under Theo and Jed. It appears to me the most talent ever assembled at one time in my lifetime of bleeding Cubbie (63 yrs.) Blue.Will any of our top prospects ever equal Stanton's numbers? Dunno,but I want to see the finished product.I'm living in Mn now but my loyalties will always remain with the Cubs..

#6 Mike Taylor (no relation)

Mike Taylor (no relation)

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:58 PM

Jorge Soler has the makeup of being Stanton. Remember when the Cubs lost out on Yoenis Cèspedes? Everyone was saying that Soler had a higher ceiling and that he was a better fit for the Cubs because we weren't going to be competitive soon. By the way, that ceiling is Giancarlo Stanton.

Cèspedes, in 129 games hit .292/.356/.505 w/ 23 HR, 82 RBI
Stanton in 123 games hit .290/.372/.608 w/37 HR, 86 RBI

#7 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:44 PM

I'm really excited about the power potential of Soler Power and would be highly disappointed if the team traded him I would be much more partial to the team trading a middle infield prospect like Amaya or Watkins since there's more than we know what to do with or Vogelbach, who is highly regarded and blocked by Rizzo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).