Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Twitter:@xruben31
  • Facebook:Xavier Ruben Rice
  • LocationStreator, Illinois

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:27 AM

Okay this is a completely out there proposal but it does make sense just trying to have some fun.

Marlins receive: Javier Baez, Albert Almora, Josh Vitters, David Dejesus, Dillon Maples, Trevor Cahill, Dominic Brown, Jesse Biddle and Julio Bourbon.

Phillies receive: Nelson Cruz, Martin Perez, Nate Evoladi and Alfonso Soriano and cash

Rangers receive: Cliff Lee, Carlos Marmol, Justin Upton and Darin Ruf.

Diamondbacks receive: Cody Buckle, Junior Lake, Leonys Martin, Cody Asche, and Matt Garza.

Cubs receive: Giancarlo Stanton, Mike Olt, Ethan Martin and Jacob Turner.

#2 JCubs79

JCubs79

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Twitter:clarkj79
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:48 AM

It's... interesting. Really the only guy I hesitate to give up is Almora but I would give him up for Stanton. It's very compex though and teams would hesitate and feel as though they aren't getting enough.

I think a simpler version would be...

Seattle gets Shark

Cubs get Hultzen, Franklin and Maurer

Then Cubs give up Hultzen, Franklin, Baez, Vogelbach, Castillo and Vitters to Miami for Stanton and Fodder

#3 Cubsin

Cubsin

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationO'Fallon, IL 62269

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:58 AM

I don't recall any four-team trades, let alone five-team trades. And I started following baseball while Ernie Banks was still playing for the Kansas City Monarchs.

#4 X the cubs fan

X the cubs fan

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:34 AM

Just putting some ideas out there. Considering that, I do think every team made out pretty good. Phillies get there right handed power hitters. Rangers get their ace and their All-Star outfielder for a long time a late-innings pitcher and a solid prospect. Diamondbacks get yet another top pitching prospect in Buckle, a reliable 2 or 3rd starter. Marlins get a boat load of prospects so ill talk about em, Javier Baez has all the makings of a superstar shortstop. Albert Almora will be an allstar outfielder. Jesse Biddle will give them a true pitching prospect. A ready now 3rd base prospect in Vitters a capable young starter in Cahill. A young athletic outfielder in Bourbon. That's 3 top prospects 4 if you count Maples. Cubs receive a motherload. Slugging outfielder Giancarlo Stanton would be the best player to add to the great young core already. Add Mike Olt and Cubs have the best young core in baseball.

#5 X the cubs fan

X the cubs fan

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

It's... interesting. Really the only guy I hesitate to give up is Almora but I would give him up for Stanton. It's very compex though and teams would hesitate and feel as though they aren't getting enough.

I think a simpler version would be...

Seattle gets Shark

Cubs get Hultzen, Franklin and Maurer

Then Cubs give up Hultzen, Franklin, Baez, Vogelbach, Castillo and Vitters to Miami for Stanton and Fodder

I like the idea of that trade if they fall for it Hultzen fell off and we would probably have to add B-Jax at least.

#6 Morken

Morken

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

I don't recall any four-team trades, let alone five-team trades. And I started following baseball while Ernie Banks was still playing for the Kansas City Monarchs.

He's just having some fun. He admitted that his proposal was "completely out there".

Loosen up, Stalin!

#7 Tommy

Tommy

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • LocationPekin, IL

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

He's just having some fun. He admitted that his proposal was "completely out there".

Loosen up, Stalin!

Are you going to name call every time someone posts an opinion that you don't agree with? By doing so, you are just showing your immaturity.

If you have a retort to something he said, then why not say it sans the insult.

You can reply to this comment all you want, as I won't be replying to anything you post from here on out unless you show a serious change, so feel free to fire an insult my way. I won't be bothered by it.
- diehard fanclub member #002

#8 Morken

Morken

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

Loosen up, Stalin!

Are you going to name call every time someone posts an opinion that you don't agree with? By doing so, you are just showing your immaturity.

If you have a retort to something he said, then why not say it sans the insult.

You can reply to this comment all you want, as I won't be replying to anything you post from here on out unless you show a serious change, so feel free to fire an insult my way. I won't be bothered by it.

You need to look up the word "opinion" in the dictionary.
Granny is not offering her opinion.

Now look up the word "condescend".
That's what granny is doing.

By continuing to defend granny's actions, you reveal how dumb you are.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).