Mike Taylor (no relation)

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

Pitchers:
1985 - RHP - Andrew Carpenter, came up through Phillies' system as a starter, has been a (horrible) reliever in the majors.
1987 - RHP - Jaye Chapman, brought him back on a minor league deal, high BB%, but low ERA for a Cubs' reliever.
1989 - RHP - Dayan Diaz, came up through Astros' system as an effective reliever, projected to start in AA.
1984 - RHP - Jensen Lewis, came up through Indians' system, reliever comparable to Jaye Chapman, but with less walks.
1985 - RHP - Blake Parker, injury-plagued Cub with tons of potential, impressive SO/BB% when healthy.
1987 - RHP - Zack Putnam, minor league reliever, 4.15 ERA last year for AAA Rockies affiliate.
1975 - LHP - Hisanori Takahashi, a one-out, lefty reliever whose numbers dipped after being traded to Pittsburgh.
1983 - RHP - Corey Wade, reliever who got hammered last year with the Yanks, perfect bounce-back candidate.

Catchers:
1979 - RH - J.C. Boscan, limited time with Atlanta, would back up Clevenger in AAA.

Infielders:
1983 - RH - Alberto Gonzalez, solid defender at 3B/SS and hits lefties very well.
1981 - RH - Edwin Maysonet, SS who played a handful of games for Milwaukee last year.
1982 - LH - Brad Nelson, 1B last seen in the Rangers' org, 1B with good consistent numbers the past two years.

Outfielders:
1984 - LH - Brian Bogusevic, Astros' 1st round pick who didn't hit well enough to, well, play for the Astros.
1989 - RH - Johermyn Chavez, RF with tons of power, big hole in his bat.
1983 - RH - Brent Lillibridge, super-utility guy, hoping for a bounce-back year at the plate.
1978 - RH - Darnell McDonald, average defender, consistently around .700 OPS.

#2 calicubsfan007

calicubsfan007

The Guy Who Came Back From the Dead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • LocationWherever I Am, There I Am

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

Blake Parker was okay in the limited time I was able to see him play for the Cubs. Everyone says he has great potential though. Hopefully, he is 100 percent healthy now.

#3 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

Lilibriddge played twice as many games in the IF than the OF in 2012 and I think that's where his true value lies. He's a true utility player in the sense that he can play all over the field and I'm actually kind of excited about this signing because of his youth and versatility

#4 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:38 AM

Blake Parker was okay in the limited time I was able to see him play for the Cubs. Everyone says he has great potential though. Hopefully, he is 100 percent healthy now.

Parker was run into the ground by Svuem. He never had arm problems until Svuem made him throw 40 pitches in his debut after he pitched 3 out of 4 days for the I-Cubs. I think he can be a decent pen arm if he's recovered.

#5 Morken

Morken

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

If I were a betting man, my money would be on Takahashi and Lillibridge making the big league club out of spring training.

#6 calicubsfan007

calicubsfan007

The Guy Who Came Back From the Dead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • LocationWherever I Am, There I Am

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

Parker was run into the ground by Svuem. He never had arm problems until Svuem made him throw 40 pitches in his debut after he pitched 3 out of 4 days for the I-Cubs. I think he can be a decent pen arm if he's recovered.

Fingers crossed that Parker doesn't end up like Prior with lingering arm issues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).