#1 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:39 AM

Dear Tom,

I admit, I was a doubter. Back in May/June while the team was sinking lower and lower, you seemed oblivious. Wandering around the stadium greeting fans and smiling while the team burned. Little did I realize that you had a plan, and were quietly starting the wheels in motion.

I have been impressed with you since the 2011 draft commitment, and the firing of Hendry gave me hope. But now...look what you've done! You have assembled a front office the likes of which Chicago has never seen. There is clearly a plan. There is clearly hope!

I hearby apologize for any negative thoughts or comments I had about you earlier this year. I will try to have faith and confidence in you and your team as you move forward.

Go Cubs!

Sincerely,

Fishin Phil
Grumpy Old Puppet
Please don't feed the psychos.

#2 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,646 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:05 AM

Well said, though I cannot sign on, since I've been a Ricketts apologist from thing one. :)

#3 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:03 AM

YES EAT THAT CROW!!! EAT IT AND LIKE IT!

I'm partially with you Brett, come early June this year my confidence started waivering but then the draft happened (and I found this site) and I pulled all my toes back on the Ricketts bandwagon.

#4 Coach Harris

Coach Harris

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:35 PM

Well said Phil. Agreed.

I just seem to look at him differently now.

#5 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:49 PM

Well said, though I cannot sign on, since I've been a Ricketts apologist from thing one. :)

You and your "reliable sources" had this thing pegged from the beginning. Yes, we all feel foolish for being so flamed over the non activity at the deadline and the seeming lack of motivation last off season. I am still not apologizing, at least not until they have urinal troughs in every major league stadium.

#6 hardtop

hardtop

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationThe Queen City of the Plains

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:19 PM

add one apologist. although im going to hold back on a thorough ass kissing at this point. all looks good at the moment, but we'll have to see what is done with payroll, free agents, and the draft in the next couple years before cupping balls.
I certainly was a doubter at first... but now he's definitely earned the benefit of the doubt. I'm feeling great about the cubs for the first time in a long time and that is due to the Ricketts. so far so good tom, but don't sleep, we've not won anything yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).