King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:16 PM

Young's option is more money, though. $11.5M with a $1M buyout. His BABIP is ridiculously low this year, like .200 and only hitting a buck eighty five, with 5 HR. Seems like a Theo & Co "bounce-back, buy-low" special to me. 

Young is a career .230 hitter, not much to bounce back from. 

I wouldn't mind seeing Sweeney and a right handed hitting platoon guy handle center next year. 

#32 Mike Taylor (no relation)

Mike Taylor (no relation)

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:00 PM

I really see this front office signing Nate McLouth, especially if we trade DeJesus. Soriano will be gone in 2015, so there'll be a need for LF. Szczur and Ha could potentially have CF on lock down, so McLouth could platoon with Vitters or Lake in LF.

#33 calicubsfan007

calicubsfan007

The Guy Who Came Back From the Dead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • LocationWherever I Am, There I Am

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:27 PM

When will Vitters be ready?  I am a bit wary with projecting him being a starter for the team now a days.

#34 5412

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:27 PM

Hi,

NO ONE shold be our CF option for next year, except DeJesus, who is not part of the future...meaning I don't want anyone past their prime.  Save the Ellsbury money and trade some kids for another ARam type, someone who is on the upside and coming into free agency.  Then extend him so he can be productive for five years.

We have seen what the stop-gap mentality does for the Cubs, basically nothing.  When we sign guys 30+ it shold be to put us over the top.

I am all for giving any minor leaguer a shot who has earned it by putting up good numbers before i would bring in someone from the outside to temporarily fill the job until hopefully one of the kids in A ball is ready.

regards,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).