#1 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

I found this quiz on sporcle.com. If you've never heard of sporcle before, it's an excellent procrastination website. Anyway, the instructions are fairly straightforward - see how you do!

http://www.sporcle.c...ing_day_lineups

#2 Spriggs

Spriggs

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

I posted that quiz link on this message board several months ago - only one or two BNer's commented on it. Everyone once in a while I go back and see how many I can remember! It is a lot of fun!! I think anyone who goes in cold and gets over 120 or so right on the very first try is doing pretty, pretty good. (IIRC there are about 180 possible).

Edit...I just took it again and it is updated now to show 2011 and 2012. So, there are 198 possible points. I couldn't remember one of the starters from 2012! Spelling can be a problem on some of the players... you have to type it in exactly right.

Edited by Spriggs, 14 January 2013 - 05:44 PM.

#3 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

Ugh... I got a 115, which (I think) is kinda sucky. But if Mr. Trivia Spriggs thinks that 120 is good, I'll take it.

Honestly it should have been a 114, but I got a freebie when I typed in "Brown" (for Brant Brown) and Roosevelt Brown popped up. I mean, really, who the fuck is Roosevelt Brown?

And clearly 1999-2002 were my Cubs Dark Ages...

#4 SirCub

SirCub

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationCarrboro, NC

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

I got 141, but I did cheat on some by typing their names into google to see the correct spelling. The Cubs have had a lot of middle infielders with funky names!

Also, its a lot of fun to see the names that you missed (read: wiped completely from your memory) and see how you try to come up with them.

ie- "Hmm, I feel like I don't have enough 'lazy' black corner outfielders with 'character problems' who were actually just good, but not that fast. Who am I missing?"

#5 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

ie- "Hmm, I feel like I don't have enough 'lazy' black corner outfielders with 'character problems' who were actually just good, but not that fast. Who am I missing?"

The one that worked at the Olive Garden.

#6 Spriggs

Spriggs

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

Ugh... I got a 115, which (I think) is kinda sucky. But if Mr. Trivia Spriggs thinks that 120 is good, I'll take it.

Honestly it should have been a 114, but I got a freebie when I typed in "Brown" (for Brant Brown) and Roosevelt Brown popped up. I mean, really, who the fuck is Roosevelt Brown?

And clearly 1999-2002 were my Cubs Dark Ages...

Of course when I said 120 was pretty, pretty, good -- that was before I saw that they'd added the last 2 years. :)

You can also get freebies when you type in "Pierre" -- it gives you Pie before you can finish. Same with "Bellhorn". You get the George Bell before you can finish... I can never remember how to spell Gutierrez or Trachsel. Of course, it won't accept Grudz either.

#7 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

I got 140. Lot's of unremarkable names on the list. I found it easier to fill it out after I got the obvious ones and associated them with guys I remember them playing with. I did better on the White Sox quiz, bleh.

#8 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:32 AM

132 - not bad but it's basically the same score I had 6 months ago just with the newer years taking over for missing out on the Jon Lieber's of the world.

I did have full rosters for 2004, 2006-2012

#9 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:59 AM

I actually wasted about three solid minutes typing and retyping "Bryan LaHair", thinking I was spelling it wrong. I completely forgot about Jeff Baker, that fucking asshole.

#10 SirCub

SirCub

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationCarrboro, NC

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

I think first base is the weirdest one, because the nineties are easy, then when you get to the more recent years, it gets really weird.

#11 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

I think first base is the weirdest one, because the nineties are easy, then when you get to the more recent years, it gets really weird.

Phil Nevin, where are you now?

#12 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

3B was rough before A-Ram. I can't believe I spelled Grudzielanek correctly without spell check

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).