Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Twitter:@xruben31
  • Facebook:Xavier Ruben Rice
  • LocationStreator, Illinois

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:02 AM

I'm a big supporter of the Cubs trading Matt Garza for the right package. These packages are the 5 best in my opinion.

5: Orioles trade: Jon Schoop, Eduardo Rodriguez and Brendan Webb.

4. Rockies trade: Kyle Parker and Nolan Arenado

3. Red Sox: Matt Barnes, Brandon Jacobs, Cody Kukuk and Austin Maddox

2. Jed Gyorko, Matt Wisler, Cory Spangenburger and Donn Roach.

1. Rangers trade: Mike Olt, Rougned Odor, Martin Perez and C.J. Edwards.

#2 Pat G

Pat G

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:00 PM

I don't see the Padres or Rockies being strongly interested in Garza. I like the idea of Matt Barnes from Boston and Olt and Perez from Texas.

Also, seeing the Mets just sign Wright to a long-term deal, I wonder how much it would be to get Wilmer Flores. I know the Mets desperately need outfield help and wonder if DeJesus/Soriano could possibly bring him here. Then possibly flip Garza focusing mainly on pitching.

#3 thewaynorth

thewaynorth

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Twitter:http://twitter.com/thewaynorth
  • Facebook:http://facebook.com/seatsync
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

Would be thrilled with options 1 or 3.

#4 X the cubs fan

X the cubs fan

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

I feel Rockies are interested in any pitcher possible

#5 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,476 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

I feel Rockies are interested in any pitcher possible

Probably, but only if the Cubs take on some of Garza's salary, they don't seem keen on expanding payroll this year. Not sure how much the Cubs would be interested in that.

#6 calicubsfan007

calicubsfan007

The Guy Who Came Back From the Dead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • LocationWherever I Am, There I Am

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

I am for the Texas package. Getting Olt alone for Garza after all the injury scare would be considered a win for me, if we get anyone else with that, wow. I wouldn't mind trading with Boston because Theo is still very familiar with the farm system, so that could work out. So yeah, Texas first, then Boston.

#7 X the cubs fan

X the cubs fan

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

I don't see the Padres or Rockies being strongly interested in Garza. I like the idea of Matt Barnes from Boston and Olt and Perez from Texas.

Also, seeing the Mets just sign Wright to a long-term deal, I wonder how much it would be to get Wilmer Flores. I know the Mets desperately need outfield help and wonder if DeJesus/Soriano could possibly bring him here. Then possibly flip Garza focusing mainly on pitching.

Sounds great didn't even think about the Mets. Wilmer Flores often called the next Miguel Cabrera (stretch) and Jeurys Familia would be a great return. Thanks

#8 X the cubs fan

X the cubs fan

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Sounds great didn't even think about the Mets. Wilmer Flores often called the next Miguel Cabrera (stretch) and Jeurys Familia would be a great return. Thanks

#9 X the cubs fan

X the cubs fan

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

#10 X the cubs fan

X the cubs fan

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

#11 calicubsfan007

calicubsfan007

The Guy Who Came Back From the Dead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • LocationWherever I Am, There I Am

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

Jeez, post the same comment four times? That is one way to make yourself look popular. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).