#1 Tommy

Tommy

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • LocationPekin, IL

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

Not sure if it's on my end or not, but I think it's likely the BN site. My internet seems to work fine until I get on the BN site, and once I do that, everything freezes up. This was happening last week when all the complaints started rolling in and then it got better, but unfortunately, now it's back again. I've tested this out a handful of times and don't experience any problems until I get on the BN site.

I do use Safari as my web browser, so not sure if that would make a difference or not.

Anyhow, just a heads up. I am curious if anyone else if having issues.
- diehard fanclub member #002

#2 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,476 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

I've tried on Chrome and Firefox, and I have the same problems. I've resorted to disabling my flashplayer while visiting the site. It's pretty inconvenient, but it works.

#3 Tommy

Tommy

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • LocationPekin, IL

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

Thanks Jeff, I think that will work. I am thinking the problem may be connected to the United Healthcare ad on the right side of the front page.

#4 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,476 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

Thanks Jeff, I think that will work. I am thinking the problem may be connected to the United Healthcare ad on the right side of the front page.

It's definitely that ad, it's been wreaking havoc on me.

#5 college_of_coaches

college_of_coaches

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

Are any of you getting a "script error"? I had this problem earlier in the week, and it's returned this morning. I use Firefox and Chrome.

#6 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

Unfortunately this is a semi-known, very annoying, and difficult to deal with issue. Clearly an ad or two (I also suspect the United Health Care ad) has been poorly coded with respect to some versions of some browsers. I'm on my networks' asses about it, but it's an extremely frustrating process for getting it fixed. The only small consolation I can offer in the interim is that these campaigns only last for a certain period of time (often a couple weeks or so), so eventually the ad cycles out of the mix. Also, they tend to be capped on how many times they'll display to a given user in a day - so, depending on how many times it comes up for you, it might not be as much of a problem later in the day or after a handful of refreshes. All crappy solutions, I know.

I'm tearing my hair out a bit.

#7 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,476 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

Unfortunately this is a semi-known, very annoying, and difficult to deal with issue. Clearly an ad or two (I also suspect the United Health Care ad) has been poorly coded with respect to some versions of some browsers. I'm on my networks' asses about it, but it's an extremely frustrating process for getting it fixed. The only small consolation I can offer in the interim is that these campaigns only last for a certain period of time (often a couple weeks or so), so eventually the ad cycles out of the mix. Also, they tend to be capped on how many times they'll display to a given user in a day - so, depending on how many times it comes up for you, it might not be as much of a problem later in the day or after a handful of refreshes. All crappy solutions, I know.

You're on top of it and staying in touch and up-front with us about it, and that's about all we can ask for. We are a creative and hardy bunch, so I doubt it turns too many people away.

#8 Tommy

Tommy

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • LocationPekin, IL

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

Thanks for the update, Brett. I don't mind refreshing a handful of times to get it to go away so I can still get my BN fix. Thanks for the suggestion!

#9 college_of_coaches

college_of_coaches

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

Brett, I second these thoughts. It will take more than a poorly scripted ad to keep me from reading BN.

#10 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:20 AM

Thanks guys - and thanks for the help. The issue with that particular script has been temporarily fixed (I hope), so if you're still experiencing the freezing, and have any way of copying/pasting the precise script that's hanging up like CoC did, I'd be hugely appreciative.

#11 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,476 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

I've been on several times today and no problems from the site at all.

#12 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,476 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

Finally got the script that has been fouling me up on the forum. Hope this helps a little..

Script: http://b.voicefive.c...&ax_i=&ax_g=&:1

#13 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

So you're getting that again today? But only on the forums? I removed the primary source of that script, but I wondered if it was possible it also connected to certain ads, so folks would still get it from time to time (it isn't dangerous, by the way - just assholes who won't get off their ass and fix their broken script). Hopefully if you are still seeing it, it will be happening extremely infrequently (and they should be fixing that thing any day now).

#14 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,476 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

So you're getting that again today? But only on the forums? I removed the primary source of that script, but I wondered if it was possible it also connected to certain ads, so folks would still get it from time to time (it isn't dangerous, by the way - just assholes who won't get off their ass and fix their broken script). Hopefully if you are still seeing it, it will be happening extremely infrequently (and they should be fixing that thing any day now).

Yeah, it's not very frequent since you applied the fix. Just thought I'd give you a head's up.

#15 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:43 PM

Hey - I don't have a complaint! BN has been running very quickly for me the last couple of days. I've particularly noticed it when I click on a comment from the side of the main page; it takes me directly to that comment much faster than I ever remember. Also, the message board has been loading faster as well. I dunno if it's my computer or something on the server's end, but just thought I'd pass along the good news.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).