Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Enhanced Box Score: Mets 2, Cubs 8 – May 18, 2013
Today, 02:06 PM
- Pre-Gamin’: Mets v. Cubs (12:05 CT) – Lineups, Broadcast Info, etc.
Today, 10:28 AM
- Sweet: Matt Garza is Coming Back Next Week
Today, 09:54 AM
- Cubs Surveying Fans on How They’ll Use the Proposed Video Board at Wrigley Field
Today, 08:56 AM
- David Bell Explains His Bad Send Yesterday and Other Bullets
Today, 08:02 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Need Help - Visiting Wrigley in May
Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:23 AM
Not really sure if this is the right place to post this, but I guess I'll try it anyways haha. Let me just start off my saying that I've been to Wrigley several times before with my family, so the tickets were purchased by my Dad. I have a trip planned in May with 6 total people to visit Chicago and of course go to a Cubs game the weekend we host the Mets, May 17-19.
Now that I will be purchasing the tickets for this go round, I was wondering if anyone could provide some advice on finding tickets. I know for a fact we want to sit out in the bleachers, which is where I've enjoyed watching games the most at Wrigley. I guess I'll list some of my major questions that maybe you guys could help answer:
- Is there a time that is best to purchase tickets at a cheaper price? (i.e. - way in advance, closer to game time, outside Wrigley before the game)
- If we had to choose between Friday and Saturday game, which do you think would be best?
- Where would you suggest I purchase tickets from? (Stubhub, etc.)
Any help would be greatly appreciated you guys! I can't wait to get this season going. Go Cubs Go!
Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:08 PM
- Is there a time that is best to purchase tickets at a cheaper price? (i.e. - way in advance, closer to game time, outside Wrigley before the game)- People are selling bleacher seats all over the place. Check ebay or stubhub or just buy bleacher seats directly from the cubs when they start the single seat sells.
- If we had to choose between Friday and Saturday game, which do you think would be best?- See above, should be more tickets avail for Friday than Saturday
- Where would you suggest I purchase tickets from? (Stubhub, etc.) cubs.com, stubhub, or ebay.
Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:23 AM
Otherwise, the scalpers are definitely worth a shot. You could probably get something face or under especially if you wait until as close to game time as possible. I have a friend that lives near the park & he would show up in the 2nd inning & just grab an extra for cheap & meet me.
That's the good thing about bleachers. If you have a couple of guys with tickets already, they can go in & save seats while you hunt around for cheaper tickets or just drink at the bar.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).