Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Twitter:@rmbaker08
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:23 AM

Hey guys,

Not really sure if this is the right place to post this, but I guess I'll try it anyways haha. Let me just start off my saying that I've been to Wrigley several times before with my family, so the tickets were purchased by my Dad. I have a trip planned in May with 6 total people to visit Chicago and of course go to a Cubs game the weekend we host the Mets, May 17-19.

Now that I will be purchasing the tickets for this go round, I was wondering if anyone could provide some advice on finding tickets. I know for a fact we want to sit out in the bleachers, which is where I've enjoyed watching games the most at Wrigley. I guess I'll list some of my major questions that maybe you guys could help answer:

- Is there a time that is best to purchase tickets at a cheaper price? (i.e. - way in advance, closer to game time, outside Wrigley before the game)

- If we had to choose between Friday and Saturday game, which do you think would be best?

- Where would you suggest I purchase tickets from? (Stubhub, etc.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated you guys! I can't wait to get this season going. Go Cubs Go!

#2 CubFanBob

CubFanBob

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

Mets games seem to be more popular. Saturday's game will be at noon which means you will need to be in Wrigley by early 11amish if you want decent bleacher seats ( its general admission ). Friday's game usually starts at 1:20pm so you would have more time as well as being less families.

- Is there a time that is best to purchase tickets at a cheaper price? (i.e. - way in advance, closer to game time, outside Wrigley before the game)- People are selling bleacher seats all over the place. Check ebay or stubhub or just buy bleacher seats directly from the cubs when they start the single seat sells.

- If we had to choose between Friday and Saturday game, which do you think would be best?- See above, should be more tickets avail for Friday than Saturday

- Where would you suggest I purchase tickets from? (Stubhub, etc.) cubs.com, stubhub, or ebay.

#3 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

I have always wanted to try one of the scalpers out front. Seems that if you get there right before game time you can find some cheap ones. When I was there last April I was offered two bleacher seats for $10 against the Cardinals.

#4 Cub Fan Dan

Cub Fan Dan

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Twitter:@DanielGPrice
  • LocationChicago

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:23 AM

I have a pair of bleacher season tickets but my Saturday May 18 Mets game is sold. If you're interested in Friday or Sunday, let me know. Im gonna throw up a post with my list of games available in this same section of the message board.

Otherwise, the scalpers are definitely worth a shot. You could probably get something face or under especially if you wait until as close to game time as possible. I have a friend that lives near the park & he would show up in the 2nd inning & just grab an extra for cheap & meet me.

That's the good thing about bleachers. If you have a couple of guys with tickets already, they can go in & save seats while you hunt around for cheaper tickets or just drink at the bar.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).