CubsMas Day 2 winner...Day 3 suggestions please...
Oswego Chris - Dec 09 2013 10:39 PM
Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Tuesday Evening Winter Meetings Update: Tanaka, Storen, Clippard, Russell, Choo, Mulder, More
Yesterday, 08:31 PM
- Jeff Samardzija Bits: Diamondbacks Still In? Blue Jays? Any Offers on the Table?
Yesterday, 07:26 PM
- Rumor: Cubs Interested in Pitcher Jason Hammel
Yesterday, 06:34 PM
- Jed Hoyer: Cubs May Add More Than One Starting Pitcher, Recently Met with Scott Baker’s Agent
Yesterday, 04:43 PM
- Rockies Reportedly Acquire Brett Anderson from A’s for Drew Pomeranz and Chris Jensen
Yesterday, 03:40 PM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Cubs Calendar 1/25/13 - Hartnett
Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:43 AM
Gabby Hartnett's "Homer in the Gloamin" is perhaps the most dramatic in Cubs history. His two-run shot in the bottom of the ninth as darkness fell on September 28, 1938 moved the Cubs into first place, and the team went on to win the pennant.
Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:34 PM
It isn't Rip on line toot.
The pitcher he hit it off did go to the University of Iowa, his first name was a Mideval (sp?) handheld instrument of war.
Here is the link to the box score:
Did you see how many pitchers the Cubs used in that game? Seems like quite a few for that era.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).