Cubs v. Yankees - April 16, 2014 (TV: CSN, WGN, MLBN)
Brett - Apr 16 2014 08:51 AM
100th Aniversery Series Tickets (Press Box View) $15
joejoe888 - Apr 16 2014 08:07 AM
Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Around the League: Smuggling Players, Scouting Players, Fixing Players, and More
Yesterday, 02:47 PM
- Lukewarm Stove : A Couple Cuban Free Agents Aren’t Quite Free Agents
Yesterday, 12:30 PM
- Looking at Chicago Cubs Starts Over the Last 10 Years
Yesterday, 11:01 AM
- Wrigley 100th Anniversary Game Details (See You There on April 23)
Yesterday, 10:01 AM
- Jake Arrieta Makes Another Rehab Start, Cubs Shift Rotation
Yesterday, 09:01 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Cubs Calendar 1/25/13 - Hartnett
Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:43 AM
Gabby Hartnett's "Homer in the Gloamin" is perhaps the most dramatic in Cubs history. His two-run shot in the bottom of the ninth as darkness fell on September 28, 1938 moved the Cubs into first place, and the team went on to win the pennant.
Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:34 PM
It isn't Rip on line toot.
The pitcher he hit it off did go to the University of Iowa, his first name was a Mideval (sp?) handheld instrument of war.
Here is the link to the box score:
Did you see how many pitchers the Cubs used in that game? Seems like quite a few for that era.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).