Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Twitter:@xruben31
  • Facebook:Xavier Ruben Rice
  • LocationStreator, Illinois

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:57 PM

I'm not at all sure whyb but I really would love the Idea for a Cubs-Orioles trade. Chris Tillman has had a few failed callups and almost fell out of favor in Baltimore but last year he finally put it together going 9-3 with with a 2.93 era and 93ks in 86 innings. He's also only 24! He has the potential to be a solid number 2 or 3. If the Cubs could get him for Soriano straight up I would be in love but it doesn't really seem reasonable for Baltimore. So you probably have to include Garza and get more in return like say Jon Schoop and a couple more prospects. Add in Marmol get some added cap relief. So this what you got.

Cubs trade: Alfonso Soriano, Carlos Marmol and Matt Garza (extension) +30 million

Orioles trade: Chris Tillman, Jon Schoop, Eduardo Rodriguez, Michael Ohman and Brendan Webb.

#2 calicubsfan007

calicubsfan007

The Guy Who Came Back From the Dead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • LocationWherever I Am, There I Am

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:58 PM

Nice. I don't know about adding Garza though. Seems like we would be giving too much.

#3 X the cubs fan

X the cubs fan

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:07 AM

Nice. I don't know about adding Garza though. Seems like we would be giving too much.

True it sounds like over paying but could you imagine a 2014 rotation with Samardzija, Tillman, Mark Apple, Edwin Jackson and Arodys Vizcaino. We could win not to mention Baez, Soler, Brett Jackson and Vitters will be ready. Almora will be a september call up and Junior Lake will finally get it together.

#4 calicubsfan007

calicubsfan007

The Guy Who Came Back From the Dead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • LocationWherever I Am, There I Am

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

That would be one helluva starting rotation, that is if we could get Appel to sign with us for a fair price. Would love to be a fly on the wall when that negotiation happens. ;)

#5 X the cubs fan

X the cubs fan

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

That would be one helluva starting rotation, that is if we could get Appel to sign with us for a fair price. Would love to be a fly on the wall when that negotiation happens. ;)

I think the Cubs have 9.8 mil for that first pick... He probably doesn't want to go through free agency.

#6 ChicagoCubsTalk

ChicagoCubsTalk

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

That would be a pretty crazy trade but I do not think either team would do that. Not only do Soriano and Marmol have a lot of money on their contracts they aren't going to get much value at this point..Maybe trade Soriano and Garza together to the Rangers for Mike Olt and some others...
It's a [W]ay of life!!!!

#7 X the cubs fan

X the cubs fan

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

That would be a pretty crazy trade but I do not think either team would do that. Not only do Soriano and Marmol have a lot of money on their contracts they aren't going to get much value at this point..Maybe trade Soriano and Garza together to the Rangers for Mike Olt and some others...

Ive been begging for that trade especially if one of those others is Martin Perez and Then Cubs trade Marmol for Porcello. Dream scenario.

#8 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
  • Twitter:@ltblaize
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

The Cubs have $9.8 for the entire draft, not just their first round pick.

I think Baltimore would be ecstatic to make that trade. Tillman had a 2012 FIP of 4.25. That's not No. 2 starter material. He also has a worrisome HR/9 and a fairly mediocre K/9. He looks more like a No 4/5 masquerading as a No 3 to me. Baltimore would dearly love to give him up for a solid No 2 with an extension, a slugging left fielder, and a closer, all while taking on very little in terms of additional salary.

If the Cubs were seriously interested in Tillman, he should be no more than one piece coming back for Soriano. I doubt they are interested, though. The Cubs have no shortage of back of the rotation options.

#9 X the cubs fan

X the cubs fan

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:08 PM

The Cubs have $9.8 for the entire draft, not just their first round pick.

I think Baltimore would be ecstatic to make that trade. Tillman had a 2012 FIP of 4.25. That's not No. 2 starter material. He also has a worrisome HR/9 and a fairly mediocre K/9. He looks more like a No 4/5 masquerading as a No 3 to me. Baltimore would dearly love to give him up for a solid No 2 with an extension, a slugging left fielder, and a closer, all while taking on very little in terms of additional salary.

If the Cubs were seriously interested in Tillman, he should be no more than one piece coming back for Soriano. I doubt they are interested, though. The Cubs have no shortage of back of the rotation options.
He's a guy that is pretty comparable to Samardzija in a way. He's young and last year was his first full season in the major leagues. So alot of that is "growing pains" he's very talented but maybe him for Soriano straight up would work but the other prospects in the trade are pretty good Schoop is a top 100 prospect who can play anywhere on the left side of the infield the others are solid pitching prospects.

#10 X the cubs fan

X the cubs fan

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:12 PM

He's a guy that is pretty comparable to Samardzija in a way. He's young and last year was his first full season in the major leagues. So alot of that is "growing pains" he's very talented but maybe him for Soriano straight up would work but the other prospects in the trade are pretty good Schoop is a top 100 prospect who can play anywhere on the left side of the infield the others are solid pitching prospects

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).