Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Around the League: Huge Stories Brewing, Including PED Suspensions and a Monopoly Lawsuit
Today, 11:55 AM
- Chicago Cubs in on Another Cuban Defector, Dalier Hinojosa – Plus an Update on Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez
Today, 10:40 AM
- Chicago Cubs Sign Undrafted Free Agent Josh Davis
Today, 09:30 AM
- Cuban Signee Armando Rivero Set to Make Debut with Kane County This Week
Today, 08:34 AM
- The Cardinals Way is Sliding High, Wide, and Late and Other Bullets
Today, 07:21 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
What Kind of Wood Do I Have?
Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:37 PM
It looks pretty hard and solid.
It's very solid, lots of use with no signs of weakness, lots of good "grain". Just a few "knots".
Pine with a classy Mahogany finish is Mahogany in my book, Hansman.
Thanks, I was thinking pine, since it's from Target, but I haven't seen a lot of wood.
Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:45 PM
Joe, that's probably pine with a mahogany/dark cherry or walnut stain. One of the pics you put on twitter looked more walnut like.
Ya, the top looks different than the sides, but I imagine it's just from more stain penetration. From what I've seen walnut is decently knot free. The top has more pine-ish looking knots. If this is even a thing.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).