Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- The 2013 Rule 5 Draft Happens Now (Cubs Lose Marcos Mateo to the Diamondbacks, Justin Bour to Marlins)
Today, 08:01 AM
- No More Home Plate Collisions and Other Bullets
Today, 07:51 AM
- Another Reliever Rumor: Cubs May Be in on Joaquin Benoit
Today, 06:00 AM
- Wednesday Evening Winter Meetings Update: Samardzija, Choo, Boggs, Tanaka, Kemp, Nationals, Axford
Yesterday, 07:14 PM
- Theo Epstein Speaks: Samardzija, Tanaka, Spending, Syncing, Prospects, More
Yesterday, 06:02 PM
Upcoming Calendar Events
What Kind of Wood Do I Have?
Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:37 PM
It looks pretty hard and solid.
It's very solid, lots of use with no signs of weakness, lots of good "grain". Just a few "knots".
Pine with a classy Mahogany finish is Mahogany in my book, Hansman.
Thanks, I was thinking pine, since it's from Target, but I haven't seen a lot of wood.
Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:45 PM
Joe, that's probably pine with a mahogany/dark cherry or walnut stain. One of the pics you put on twitter looked more walnut like.
Ya, the top looks different than the sides, but I imagine it's just from more stain penetration. From what I've seen walnut is decently knot free. The top has more pine-ish looking knots. If this is even a thing.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).