Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- MLB and NPB Reportedly on the Verge of a “Maximum Bid” Posting System – And the Max is Just $20 Million
Today, 05:36 PM
- Report: Cubs Will Do “Serious Listening” on Jeff Samardzija Next Week at the Winter Meetings
Today, 03:48 PM
- Lukewarm Stove: Diamondbacks Want an Ace, but Archie Bradley’s Off Limits Even for David Price
Today, 02:08 PM
- Interesting Non-Tenders from Around the League: Bailey, Turner, Wright, Hudson, Belisario, Others
Today, 11:59 AM
- The Daytona Cubs Are Baseball America’s Minor League Team of the Year
Today, 10:38 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Cub Fan Dan (42)
What Kind of Wood Do I Have?
Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:37 PM
It looks pretty hard and solid.
It's very solid, lots of use with no signs of weakness, lots of good "grain". Just a few "knots".
Pine with a classy Mahogany finish is Mahogany in my book, Hansman.
Thanks, I was thinking pine, since it's from Target, but I haven't seen a lot of wood.
Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:45 PM
Joe, that's probably pine with a mahogany/dark cherry or walnut stain. One of the pics you put on twitter looked more walnut like.
Ya, the top looks different than the sides, but I imagine it's just from more stain penetration. From what I've seen walnut is decently knot free. The top has more pine-ish looking knots. If this is even a thing.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).