#1 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:24 AM

Cubs Trivia:

How many consecutive Gold Glove awards did Hall of Fame third baseman Ron Santo win during the 1960s?
Please don't feed the psychos.

#2 Stinky Pete

Stinky Pete

The Woodward AND Bernstein of the Message Board

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:39 AM

10? Nah. That's not right... I'll say 4.

#3 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:22 AM

Close, but no cigar.

#4 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:02 AM

3 seems more likely, since Phil said that 4 was close.

#5 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:04 AM

....and I was wrong. Cheated and looked at my 1970s Santo Topps card collection.

#6 Spriggs

Spriggs

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:25 AM

#7 Justen

Justen

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Twitter:sprtswiz1
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:09 AM

Spriggs beat me to it. 5 is the right answer. i believe it was right there in the middle of the decade from like 63-67

#8 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:15 AM

Actually 64-68, but yes 5 is correct.

#9 Spriggs

Spriggs

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:17 AM

Sounds about right.... and I think those were the only GGs Santo won - the 5 in a row. They were sandwiched by Ken Boyer GGs before and after the Santo ones. I used to care about GGs, but couldn't tell you who's been winning them lately. I stopped caring the year Palmeiro won at 1B when he was a DH. That was the last straw for me. I do know Barney won one this year. yaaaawn.

#10 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:08 AM

Sounds about right.... and I think those were the only GGs Santo won - the 5 in a row. They were sandwiched by Ken Boyer GGs before and after the Santo ones. I used to care about GGs, but couldn't tell you who's been winning them lately. I stopped caring the year Palmeiro won at 1B when he was a DH. That was the last straw for me. I do know Barney won one this year. yaaaawn.

Ya, biggest joke ever. In this day and age, no sense in having baseball writers do the voting. Just turn it over to the BCS computers, couldn't do worse.

#11 Stinky Pete

Stinky Pete

The Woodward AND Bernstein of the Message Board

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

Ya, biggest joke ever. In this day and age, no sense in having baseball writers do the voting. Just turn it over to the BCS computers, couldn't do worse.

How the F did Auburn get a Gold Glove?

#12 butlerdawgs

butlerdawgs

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Twitter:mwerner1814

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

I'm just trying to figure out how Boise State got the shaft. They totally should've at least had a shot at one by now.

#13 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,055 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

I'm just trying to figure out how Boise State got the shaft. They totally should've at least had a shot at one by now.

The blue turf throws the voters for a loop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).