21 replies to this topic

#1 ChicagoCubsTalk

ChicagoCubsTalk

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

Is Dontrelle making a comeback this year??
It's a [W]ay of life!!!!

#2 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

Well, since he has pitched every year since 2003 I wouldn't call it a comeback. He just hasn't been good since 2006. If you see a whole in the ground here is a hint, it's not your ass since you apparently don't know the difference.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#3 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

your blog needs more soft grunge

#4 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

Someone delete these mother fucking posts.

#5 ChicagoCubsTalk

ChicagoCubsTalk

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

Well, since he has pitched every year since 2003 I wouldn't call it a comeback. He just hasn't been good since 2006. If you see a whole in the ground here is a hint, it's not your ass since you apparently don't know the difference.

Yeah good call lmao..since technically he pitched in the minors last year. so that means he would be making a comeback to the majors if he does.
It's a [W]ay of life!!!!

#6 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

Yeah good call lmao..since technically he pitched in the minors last year. so that means he would be making a comeback to the majors if he does.

Are you really this dense? I think you stepped in the hole. Or, maybe it isn't a hole. Either way, add something of content, be funny or go away. Ace, as well as others, have tried to reach out to you to help, but to no avail. Please learn a life lesson or just go away.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#7 ChicagoCubsTalk

ChicagoCubsTalk

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

How can your comment help me in any way at all?
It's a [W]ay of life!!!!

#8 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

TIME TO TRY OUT THE WARNING POINTS SYSTEM!

#9 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,640 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

You just gotta stop, dude. If you truly, genuinely want to be a part of the community, it's time to take the foot off the gas. Lay back a bit. Observe. Don't post. Just observe. Then, after some time has passed - and I mean at least a week - you may have a better sense of how to conduct yourself.

Because right now, you're driving people crazy.

#10 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

I tried yesterday. As well as others. Even Brett had tried. People have even reached out to you on twitter to give you some pointers on etiquette. Again to no avail. That leaves us with either only a couple of options. Neither of which are great.

1. Suffer through it until you get tired
2. Have fun of it at your expense.

Most have optioned for #2. If that is the way you think is best to start a blog Brett will end up banning you. Otherwise, add content, be funny or go away. With any of those options, please learn a life lesson and some etiquette.

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#11 ChicagoCubsTalk

ChicagoCubsTalk

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

Fine I'll slow down..Just a die had Cubs fan trying to make a great blog...and twitter..when? i didn't get anything on there?
It's a [W]ay of life!!!!

#12 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

We are all die hards. Why else would we be on a Cubs blog everyday in the offseason? As far as starting a blog, correct spelling, grammar and punctuation will go a long way. This isn't anything others haven't tried to tell you. Even when posting on other blogs use correct grammar. In fact, your posts in this thread have had errors. To many people these kind of things really turn them off. Also, not listening to sound advise from multiple people shows poor judgement. One thing a sports blogger needs is sound judgement. Go back and read Brett's posts over the years and you will see sound judgement and caution throughout.

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#13 calicubsfan007

calicubsfan007

The Guy Who Came Back From the Dead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • LocationWherever I Am, There I Am

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

It takes a while to get the hang of how this site works, I had to read people's posts multiple times to get the gist of everything. I haven't read you blog, but check out Brett's. Good example. :)

#14 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

I have the 80s Cubs logo tattooed on my left arm. I cried when the MLB strike happened in 1994 (I was 8). I got into a fist fight with my friend for mocking me when Harry Carey died. We are definitely all die hards, but your posts are problematic especially when you've been ignoring advice and constructive criticism (for example Michigan Goat--a highly respected member of BN--has offered you advice in how to conduct yourself via twitter and you've ignored him (along with other people) until Bert finally decided to step in).

One of the biggest problems is that you've linked your blog like 100 times all over this gd site and we get the point, you have a blog, it got over 1,000 hits, mostly people making fun of it on twitter. look at Michigan Goat's profile: he has his blog and twitter presence in his signature. this is much less obtrusive and allows people who haven't seen your posts to see that, yes, you do have a Chicago Cubs blog.

I think the other big problem with your posting on the message board is that you make "cool story bro" statements not arguments. I've taught competitive debate in the past to High School student so I can help you out with this.

An argument has three parts to it:

Claim: You have this part down already.
Warrant: Evidence that backs up your claim. In this case, it could be Willis' gradual improvement over his appearances in the minors, or maybe periphery stats. Is there a news article claiming that Willis is a member of the BSOHL club? You're just asking a question without any argument of your own to draw attention to your blog. That's a problem.
Impact: What this means overall for the Cubs? Does Willis come back to Cy Young form or is he just going to find a new life in his career as a reasonably effective LOOGY?

http://fromthemitten.tumblr.com (I couldn't resist)

#15 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,054 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

Fine I'll slow down..

Aaaaaaand then he posts ANOTHER front page comment!

This kid is thick.

Doesn't school start up for these kiddos soon? Is it summer vacation already?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).