#1 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,639 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:13 PM

I assume we have many-a college football fan here. I'm a huge Michigan fan, myself.

I was a Rich Rod supporter, but I'm open to Hoke. As long as he doesn't go too hardcore with the three-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust stuff, I can be on board. You just can't refuse to use a player like Denard Robinson in a way that optimizes his talent.

8-4 would be a pretty successful season.

#2 Ron

Ron

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Twitter:@RonPSchwery
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:50 PM

Michigan? Aren't you from Ohio? Anyway I am a huge Iowa fan so one Saturday a year I hate you! Ha. I think Iowa is the sleeper of the Big 10, they have no expectations and that seems to be when they are the best. It should be fun.

#3 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:52 PM

8-4 with one of those losses to Notre Dame. I think 8 wins is a pretty good number, and with all the turnover in the Big 10 this year, they could sneak up and win the conference.

I would be disappointed with 8 wins for Notre Dame, but I think it's probably about how they'll finish too.

#4 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:14 PM

This is a topic I know little about, I really only follow MLB with passion and tenacity. But I am a Indiana native and have a degree from IU so when basketball season starts I pay attention... but thats just a Hoosier requirement.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#5 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:55 PM

This is a topic I know little about, I really only follow MLB with passion and tenacity. But I am a Indiana native and have a degree from IU so when basketball season starts I pay attention... but thats just a Hoosier requirement.

Oh no, it's in the blood isn't it? I am from Indiana too, and I don't really watch basketball outside of Indiana based college ball. Notre Dame, IU, Purdue, Butler; I watch all the short, scrappy, 3 point shooting white guys. They're all Ryan Theriot where I'm from damn it!!!!

#6 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:07 PM

Oh no, it's in the blood isn't it? I am from Indiana too, and I don't really watch basketball outside of Indiana based college ball. Notre Dame, IU, Purdue, Butler; I watch all the short, scrappy, 3 point shooting white guys. They're all Ryan Theriot where I'm from damn it!!!!

Yes it is, there is no way to escape it. I was at IU when the whole Bobby Knight fallout happened- the passion was insane! Angry mobs, tear gas, good fun!

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#7 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,639 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:15 AM

Michigan? Aren't you from Ohio? Anyway I am a huge Iowa fan so one Saturday a year I hate you! Ha. I think Iowa is the sleeper of the Big 10, they have no expectations and that seems to be when they are the best. It should be fun.

Yeah; but I'm originally from Toledo (family was all from Toledo), so my dad was a big Michigan fan. Rubbed off on me. I actually went to OSU for law school, so I had to tuck away my Michigan garb for a few years.

Iowa always seems to be better than expected.

#8 packman711

packman711

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:45 AM

A Michigan fan? Well, no one's perfect. My flaw is I keep believing in Purdue sports year after year

#IhateACLs.

#9 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:57 AM

A Michigan fan? Well, no one's perfect. My flaw is I keep believing in Purdue sports year after year

#IhateACLs.

Your always be second to IU regardless of recent success, and Butler is starting to challenge your number two hold.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#10 willis

willis

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Twitter:@deadboltwillie
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:23 AM

Screw IU.

Go Butler! :D

#11 CUB5

CUB5

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:35 PM

Notre Dame all the way. I predict 8-4 though the possibilty for me is 10-2. Depends on which team shows up to play USC, MI St, Pitt and Navy.
#17 Mark Grace for the HOF

#12 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 10:03 PM

If you missed the TCU vs Baylor game you missed what could be the most exciting game of the season

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#13 dreese

dreese

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationDekalb/Arlington Heights

Posted 04 September 2011 - 12:20 PM

NIU DESTROYED Army they were ranked kinda up there this year!

#14 Glenallens One Homer

Glenallens One Homer

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 04 September 2011 - 04:58 PM

Man, how great is Northwestern?? What's that? Nobody else in the entire world cares about Northwestern at all? Okay, I'll show myself out.

#15 EQ76

EQ76

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 12:21 PM

Well being in the sooner state, I've been a die hard OU fan really since I was little. The Stoops era has been good to me! I hit about 2-3 games a year and really dig whippin' up on Texass...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).