606 replies to this topic

#181 Morken

Morken

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:53 PM

ahh, I see Morken is still showing us how much smarter he is by throwing out more insults. Because as we all know, intelligent people always revert to name calling.

And when smart people don't do that they troll the main page by bringing up racial discussions.

Man, thank god Morken is around, here I thought Doc was an intelligent person...now I just see that he is a giant hamburger eating fatty.

I'm sorry that you're one of those scared, white people, who wouldn't touch a racial discussion with a 10 foot pole(or in your case, a hotdog).

Yup, you got me...

Or, I just realize that a discussion board about the Cubs is not the time and place for it.

I simply applauded Ernie Bank's efforts at trying to exemplify tolerance amongst an intolerant demographic, when Brett brought attention to Ernie's efforts, via post.

I'm sorry you're a fatty who's scared to talk race. Your cowardness - both in what you do to your body and in how much you fear racial talk - is duly noted.

Now get back to those waffle burgers!

#182 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:32 PM

ahh, I see Morken is still showing us how much smarter he is by throwing out more insults. Because as we all know, intelligent people always revert to name calling.

And when smart people don't do that they troll the main page by bringing up racial discussions.

Man, thank god Morken is around, here I thought Doc was an intelligent person...now I just see that he is a giant hamburger eating fatty.

I'm sorry that you're one of those scared, white people, who wouldn't touch a racial discussion with a 10 foot pole(or in your case, a hotdog).

Yup, you got me...

Or, I just realize that a discussion board about the Cubs is not the time and place for it.

I simply applauded Ernie Bank's efforts at trying to exemplify tolerance amongst an intolerant demographic, when Brett brought attention to Ernie's efforts, via post.

I'm sorry you're a fatty who's scared to talk race. Your cowardness - both in what you do to your body and in how much you fear racial talk - is duly noted.

What I liked in Brett's post is how he mentioned race and really brought the discussion to the forefront. I also like how Ernie mentioned that he wanted to tackle the issue of race and homosexuality since he is a black man. Oh, ya, none of that happened. Tolerance tracks education levels pretty well but I suppose intolerance is more tied to a person's skin color than something like education levels.

Nope, just say something so inherently dumb and inflammatory that the rest of us are too scared to address your comment. That's it. Somehow, those of us who have issues with the way you conduct yourself are just scared white fatties who are more worried about our supply of Country Fried Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs than social equity. I know you nailed me to a T. It's also really nice that you, literally, cannot go more than 2 or 3 posts without name calling. I know Lincoln and (especially) Douglass would be immensely proud of your debate skills.

#183 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:48 PM

As an individual who judges high school/college debate tournaments 1-3 times a month and used to teach it to high schoolers, I can say that Morken wouldn't do so hot on the competitive debate tournament unless he was running "irony good"

#184 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:48 PM

what's a waffle burger? sounds delicious

#185 hansman1982

hansman1982

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

what's a waffle burger? sounds delicious

Is a waffle shaped burger or a burger shaped waffle? Or maybe it's filling the middle of a burger with waffle batter. Or, ZOMG, a burger with Belgian waffles for buns.

#186 Morken

Morken

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:08 PM

Yup, you got me...

What I liked in Brett's post is how he mentioned race and really brought the discussion to the forefront. I also like how Ernie mentioned that he wanted to tackle the issue of race and homosexuality since he is a black man. Oh, ya, none of that happened. Tolerance tracks education levels pretty well but I suppose intolerance is more tied to a person's skin color than something like education levels.

Nope, just say something so inherently dumb and inflammatory that the rest of us are too scared to address your comment. That's it. Somehow, those of us who have issues with the way you conduct yourself are just scared white fatties who are more worried about our supply of Country Fried Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs than social equity. I know you nailed me to a T. It's also really nice that you, literally, cannot go more than 2 or 3 posts without name calling. I know Lincoln and (especially) Douglass would be immensely proud of your debate skills.

Like I said, Brett brought up the fact that Ernie Banks signed a petition supporting gay-marriage in Illinois. I, in turn, applauded Ernie for doing what everyone who's involved in this struggle, already knows: Ernie Banks is using his celebrity, as well as his race, to stimulate tolerance amongst a largely intolerant demographic: African-Americans.

Enough of the denial. Why are white people so afraid to call out African-Americans? I'll tell you why... It's because they don't view them as an equal.

Like Ernie, Brendon Ayanbadejo(Baltimore Ravens) is attempting to do the same thing. There's a growing push to curb such intolerance, and it's being lead by example.

There's a reason so many blue states, states that you'd figure would easily pass same-sex marriage legislature, have received such resistance. And it's just not Africam-Americans. Hispanics sustain the same level of intolerance.

Are there white people who are intolerant to homosexuality? Of course! But the levels of intolerance amongst African-Americans and Hispanics, is disproportionate.

Now get back to being another scared white person(and eating your Cheetos).

#187 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:04 AM

Posted Image

#188 calicubsfan007

calicubsfan007

The Guy Who Came Back From the Dead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • LocationWherever I Am, There I Am

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:12 AM

Oh Kanye... :P What is that from?

#189 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:02 AM

Posted Image ball/neck

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#190 hansman1982

hansman1982

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:01 AM

Posted Image

Clearly watching a "Violence against Women" movie.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I am clever.

#191 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,646 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:09 AM

I've always wanted to know: how do people find such good, random, fitting gifs so quickly? I can find some if I really search around, but never as quickly (or as good-ly) as I want. Hook a brother up.

#192 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:34 AM

I've always wanted to know: how do people find such good, random, fitting gifs so quickly? I can find some if I really search around, but never as quickly (or as good-ly) as I want. Hook a brother up.

Posted Image

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#193 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:35 AM

Actually, I just google it and look through the images.

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#194 hansman1982

hansman1982

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:48 AM

Posted Image

#195 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:37 PM

Did someone say penguins?

Posted Image

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).