606 replies to this topic

#16 Morken

Morken

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:58 AM

Why aren't there more men in professional cheerleading?

#17 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:46 AM

Eri Yoshida is a young Japanese knuckleballer who plays in the Independent Leagues (the same one Jose Canseco has been involved in recently). Her numbers aren't that great, but she's really young.

As far as the front office goes, Kim Ng was a candidate for a number of GM jobs but now works for MLB proper.

Before that the most famous woman in baseball was Marge Schott and not for good reasons

There were many positive aspects of Marge Scott's tenure with the Reds.

Yeah, she made it cool to be a bigot. :huh:

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#18 Morken

Morken

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:41 AM

Eri Yoshida is a young Japanese knuckleballer who plays in the Independent Leagues (the same one Jose Canseco has been involved in recently). Her numbers aren't that great, but she's really young.

As far as the front office goes, Kim Ng was a candidate for a number of GM jobs but now works for MLB proper.

Before that the most famous woman in baseball was Marge Schott and not for good reasons

No, smartass. I was referring to her World Series victory, the ticket and food prices she kept affordable for her fan base, her vigorous support for animal causes, and the various children, impoverished and University charities, that she donated large amounts of money to, in her continued support.

#19 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

No, smartass. I was referring to her World Series victory, the ticket and food prices she kept affordable for her fan base, her vigorous support for animal causes, and the various children, impoverished and University charities, that she donated large amounts of money to, in her continued support.

OH, so I'm a smart ass for calling a leopard by her shit stains.
Quotes
  • "Some of the biggest problems in this city come from women wanting to leave the home and work."
  • "Sneaky goddamn Jews are all alike."
  • "Never hire another nigger. I'd rather have a trained monkey working for me than a nigger."
  • "Only fruits wear earrings."
  • "Everybody knows [Hitler] was good at the beginning, but he just went too far."
Yeah, what the heck was I thinking. She's a fucking humanitarian. Schott's husband probably gave himself a heart attack so he wouldn't have to put up with her shit another fucking day.

sorry for the language everyone. I usually don't use it.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#20 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,936 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

Quotes
  • "Some of the biggest problems in this city come from women wanting to leave the home and work."
  • "Never hire another nigger. I'd rather have a trained monkey working for me than a nigger."
  • "Everybody knows [Hitler] was good at the beginning, but he just went too far."
Yeah, what the heck was I thinking. She's a fucking humanitarian. Schott's husband probably gave himself a heart attack so he wouldn't have to put up with her shit another fucking day.

Fight, Fight, Fight, Fight!!!!

#21 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:16 PM

Hitler fixed the economy and was a vegetarian

#22 Morken

Morken

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:58 PM

Quotes

Schott, was an old, bitter woman(widowed from the age of 39), who refused to be politically correct. Like many old people, she hyperbolized her feelings, while exaggerating her statements.

The fact remains; she maintained teams and staffs full of minorities.

What Schott SAID, hardly negates the positives things she DID.

What she SAID doesn't take away all the poor people, all the animals, all the children, all the college students, that she helped.

If we put everything we said, all of us, and put it under a microscope, we'd all be considered bigots.

#23 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:30 PM

Quotes

Schott, was an old, bitter woman(widowed from the age of 39), who refused to be politically correct. Like many old people, she hyperbolized her feelings, while exaggerating her statements.

What she SAID doesn't take away all the poor people, all the animals, all the children, all the college students, that she helped.

If we put everything we said, all of us, and put it under a microscope, we'd all be considered bigots.

No microscope need for that worthless human existence.

Anybody who could defend a worthless piece of shit like that is worse than the scum I pick off the bottom of my shoe

" In February 1993, even baseball had had enough. Schott was fined $25,000, banned from baseball for a year, and ordered to attend multicultural training programs. The executive council running the game at that time found that she "commonly used language that is racially and ethnically insensitive,. offensive and intolerable," and that her behavior had "brought substantial disrepute and embarrassment to the game - and is not in the best interest of baseball." They still had to stop her from working in the front office, saying she could still attend games, but would have to buy a ticket - when Pete Rose heard this, he commented, "She'll probably wait for a $3 ticket night.""

"Tim Sabo filed a wrongful termination lawsuit, which is when things really got ugly. Another ex-employee, Charles "Cal" Levy, said in his deposition for Tim Sabo that he’d heard Schott call Reds outfielders Eric Davis and Dave Parker "million-dollar niggers." Sabo claimed his firing was also in part because he opposed the team's unwritten policy of not hiring African-Americans."

Yeah, she was quite the humanitarian.

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#24 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

Yeah she did great things for animals like letting her dog shit all over the field... nothing like slipping on a dog turd when you're shagging fly balls

#25 Morken

Morken

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:22 PM

Yeah she did great things for animals like letting her dog shit all over the field... nothing like slipping on a dog turd when you're shagging fly balls

No, like donating money to various animal shelters, along with providing the zoo with necessary equipment it needed.

#26 Morken

Morken

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

Quotes

No microscope need for that worthless human existence.

Anybody who could defend a worthless piece of shit like that is worse than the scum I pick off the bottom of my shoe

" In February 1993, even baseball had had enough. Schott was fined $25,000, banned from baseball for a year, and ordered to attend multicultural training programs. The executive council running the game at that time found that she "commonly used language that is racially and ethnically insensitive,. offensive and intolerable," and that her behavior had "brought substantial disrepute and embarrassment to the game - and is not in the best interest of baseball." They still had to stop her from working in the front office, saying she could still attend games, but would have to buy a ticket - when Pete Rose heard this, he commented, "She'll probably wait for a $3 ticket night.""

"Tim Sabo filed a wrongful termination lawsuit, which is when things really got ugly. Another ex-employee, Charles "Cal" Levy, said in his deposition for Tim Sabo that he’d heard Schott call Reds outfielders Eric Davis and Dave Parker "million-dollar niggers." Sabo claimed his firing was also in part because he opposed the team's unwritten policy of not hiring African-Americans."

Yeah, she was quite the humanitarian.

You continue to post things that she SAID. Things an old, bitter woman, SAID. Along with hearsay(Sabo was a thief, who was discredited).

Tell me what she DID.

You can't.

You're a politically correct, douche.

Schott SAID some illogical, idiotic, angry things. She deserved whatever scrutiny she received for saying those things. But judge people on what they do, not what they say. Schott was imperfect, but not a bad person.

She wasn't a humanitarian; she wasn't a saint; but as my post simply pointed out, she did some good things as an owner.

#27 Tommy

Tommy

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • LocationPekin, IL

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:00 PM

Morken back to his name calling ways when someone has a different opinion than him. You, my friend, are arrogant, ego-centric, and confrontational. If the things people say don't matter then why get so upset with Tim when he gives his opinion? After all, it's just what he SAID, not what he did, right? I know what you'll say though - you're not upset, right? Righhhhtttt.

But hey, don't take this post personal. It's just words after all.

And for the record - if someone treats animals better than humans, that's hardly commendable.
- diehard fanclub member #002

#28 Morken

Morken

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:00 PM

Morken back to his name calling ways when someone has a different opinion than him. You, my friend, are arrogant, ego-centric, and confrontational. If the things people say don't matter then why get so upset with Tim when he gives his opinion? After all, it's just what he SAID, not what he did, right? I know what you'll say though - you're not upset, right? Righhhhtttt.

And for the record - if someone treats animals better than humans, that's hardly commendable.

Correcting you is boring.

1.) Cubbies Blues referred to me as "scum". Hence, I referred to him as a "douche". If you are going to be a police officer, be a good one. Passive-aggressive, moronic and pussylicious, is no way to go through life.

2.) It's commendable that Schott helped out animals AND humans. She helped out child, student, and poor causes. There are few examples of her treating people poorly. She simply made some radical, illogical, insensitive statements. Again, I ask anyone to express something awful that Schott DID, rather than what she simply SAID.

3.) This all started because douchey Cubbies Blues, is one of those politically-correct, false-outraged, cunt balls. I slimply stated that Marge Schott did some positive things as owner of the Reds(including winning a World Series). In reading that, cunt balls discredited her because she wasn't a saint, in his book. What does a person's character have to do with how productive they we're at their job? Is Pete Townshend any less of a guitarist because he's into young boys? Is Ty Cobb any less of a baseball player because he was a racist asshole?

Get your heads out of your ass, and use logic.

#29 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:15 PM

1.) Cubbies Blues referred to me as "scum". Hence, I referred to him as a "douche". If you are going to be a police officer, be a good one. Passive-aggressive, moronic and pussylicious, is no way to go through life.

2.) It's commendable that Schott helped out animals AND humans. She helped out child, student, and poor causes. There are few examples of her treating people poorly. She simply made some radical, illogical, insensitive statements. Again, I ask anyone to express something awful that Schott DID, rather than what she simply SAID.

3.) This all started because douchey Cubbies Blues, is one of those politically-correct, false-outraged, cunt balls. I slimply stated that Marge Schott did some positive things as owner of the Reds(including winning a World Series). In reading that, cunt balls discredited her because she wasn't a saint, in his book. What does a person's character have to do with how productive they we're at their job? Is Pete Townshend any less of a guitarist because he's into young boys? Is Ty Cobb any less of a baseball player because he was a racist asshole?

You're pretty much a dick to everyone you interact with, huh?

#30 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:54 PM

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).