Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:56 AM

This is crazy, I know, but I'm going to post something about what the thread was originally about:

http://espn.go.com/d...allas-mavericks

Quit getting off subject Spencer. This is a thread about baseball not basketball. Sheesh.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#512 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:29 AM

This is crazy, I know, but I'm going to post something about what the thread was originally about:

Quit getting off subject Spencer. This is a thread about baseball not basketball. Sheesh.

Double-secret warning points for sourcing ESPN.

#513 hansman1982

hansman1982

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:37 AM

Interesting, except for:

"...Cuban said. "I'm not going to carry her just to carry her. I don't think, anyways. But I certainly wouldn't be opposed to giving her the opportunity."
Cuban acknowledged that Griner playing in the NBA's Las Vegas summer league would have tremendous marketing potential.
"It would, wouldn't it? See how she could do?" Cuban said. "That'd sell out a few games." (Do I need an additional quotation mark here or shorten the internal marks to ' and add a space then "?)

Soooo...she'll either make the team because of her talent or to sell out a few games. Thanks, jackass.

#514 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:17 AM

Interesting, except for:

"...Cuban said. "I'm not going to carry her just to carry her. I don't think, anyways. But I certainly wouldn't be opposed to giving her the opportunity."
Cuban acknowledged that Griner playing in the NBA's Las Vegas summer league would have tremendous marketing potential.
"It would, wouldn't it? See how she could do?" Cuban said. "That'd sell out a few games." (Do I need an additional quotation mark here or shorten the internal marks to ' and add a space then "?)

Soooo...she'll either make the team because of her talent or to sell out a few games. Thanks, jackass.

I dunno, Joe. I understood his comment that she'd make the pro team based on her merits, but that he'd consider rostering her for the summer league to see how she'd do (and in the process hopefully sell out a few games on the summer circuit).

#515 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:47 AM

Interesting, except for:

I dunno, Joe. I understood his comment that she'd make the pro team based on her merits, but that he'd consider rostering her for the summer league to see how she'd do (and in the process hopefully sell out a few games on the summer circuit).

I'm not going to reopen it, but there was one part that stuck out to me. Kind of a maybe I would sign her just to do it.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#516 hansman1982

hansman1982

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:17 PM

Interesting, except for:

If it weren't Mark Cuban, I don't think I would have read into the comment much. I really hope I am reading too much into the comment.

#517 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:35 PM

I mean, Mark Cuban is an IU grad, so you can't really expect too much from him.

#518 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,476 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:15 PM

Don't tell him what he can't do!!! Spencer doesn't like it when you tell him what he can't do!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#519 hansman1982

hansman1982

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:22 PM

Just, please, sweet Jesus, no TWD (even the acronym is dumb) gifs.

#520 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:23 AM

Just, please, sweet Jesus, no TWD (even the acronym is dumb) gifs.

Wouldn't even think about it.

Posted Image

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#521 hansman1982

hansman1982

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:06 AM

Pfft, even the gif is unrealistic. How does the lower half not immediately fall into the hole there?

#522 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:09 AM

It did, & it was a well they were feeding the cattle out of.

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#523 hansman1982

hansman1982

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:13 AM

Well know why in the heck would they do that?

#524 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:20 AM

They didn't know it was down there. When they did they tried to get it out. It then got hung up on the edge and the result is as seen.

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#525 hansman1982

hansman1982

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:25 AM

They didn't know it was down there. When they did they tried to get it out. It then got hung up on the edge and the result is as seen.

Geez, this show just sounds terrible.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).