MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:43 AM

Yes, I like the "kicking ass" interpretation, but I would think the Goat was going more for "beating a dead horse" --sory about the broken link last night. I repaired it with one that I think will work for a while.

Yes but kicking ass is funny too

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#559 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:37 PM

Thought I'd post this here because, well, why not?

I went to an Indianapolis Indians game last night and saw Daisuke Matsuzaka pitch. He dominated until the 3rd time thru the order, then he go blasted and yanked. He came out with the loss of the Clippers (Cleavand's AAA squad). Japanese media was very present at the game as well as fans holding up signs for him. As soon as was given the hook, they all left. We did have great seats for it as well. We were just behind the net behind home plate on the 1st base side in the 13th row.

While I'm here, we also saw half of the IU game Friday night. They have been ranked all year. They had a huge turnout, over 2,000, for a college game.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#560 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:00 PM

This thread is still going!

Posted Image

Posted Image

How many Saiyans does it take to change a lightbulb?

Just one but it will take five episodes.

#561 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,936 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:38 PM

Thought I'd post this here because, well, why not?

I went to an Indianapolis Indians game last night and saw Daisuke Matsuzaka pitch. He dominated until the 3rd time thru the order, then he go blasted and yanked. He came out with the loss of the Clippers (Cleavand's AAA squad). Japanese media was very present at the game as well as fans holding up signs for him. As soon as was given the hook, they all left. We did have great seats for it as well. We were just behind the net behind home plate on the 1st base side in the 13th row.

While I'm here, we also saw half of the IU game Friday night. They have been ranked all year. They had a huge turnout, over 2,000, for a college game.

It's be interesting to compare Matsuzakas 1st and 2nd year hype and scouting reports to Darvish. About this time 5-6 years ago, Theo was looking pretty smart for getting him.

#562 calicubsfan007

calicubsfan007

The Guy Who Came Back From the Dead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • LocationWherever I Am, There I Am

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:59 AM

I still like kicking ass more though. I knew what MG was trying to say, but it looked more like a donkey. Just gut reaction. :D

#563 Johnny Mac

Johnny Mac

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:11 PM

Wait, wait..... what?? What the hell did I just stumble upon and why did I read it all? I laughed, I cried, I questioned everything I ever believed in, colors look different and I think I just felt feelings for the first time in my life.

I think it started back somewhere with a racist hybrid-dog/person trying to play baseball with hamburgers or something and christ knows where I am right now. I think I'll just go lie down for a while

#564 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:26 PM

Wait, wait..... what?? What the hell did I just stumble upon and why did I read it all? I laughed, I cried, I questioned everything I ever believed in, colors look different and I think I just felt feelings for the first time in my life.

I think it started back somewhere with a racist hybrid-dog/person trying to play baseball with hamburgers or something and christ knows where I am right now. I think I'll just go lie down for a while

Wow. The power of the Message Board.

#565 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:28 PM

Long and windy is the road to enlightenment. Wherever you are looking is where you will be.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#566 hansman1982

hansman1982

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:17 PM

Wow. The power of the Message Board.

The Power of Women in Baseball...and/or racist man-dogs.

Posted Image

#567 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:35 PM

The Obsessive watch on the renovations has gone stale, time for Brett to start an obsessive watch on the "Women in Baseball" thread. I can't wait to see what shows up on my screen when this thread pops up on the New Content page.

#568 Tommy

Tommy

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • LocationPekin, IL

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:40 PM

Just when I think this thread is dying out, I read another handful of awesome posts.

Best...thread...ever...
- diehard fanclub member #002

#569 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:50 PM

Apropos of nothing, other than I want to post this (again):

#570 hansman1982

hansman1982

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:36 PM

The Obsessive watch on the renovations has gone stale, time for Brett to start an obsessive watch on the "Women in Baseball" thread. I can't wait to see what shows up on my screen when this thread pops up on the New Content page.

Would the obsessive watch come with people who posted during the thread and the obsessive watch only to complain about the obsessive watch?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).