#16 Tommy

Tommy

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • LocationPekin, IL

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:16 AM

It was an expression? I'm not familiar with that expression, I guess. Seemed more like ridiculous hyperbole to me, so I thought I'd put it into a realistic perspective.

You're welcome.
- diehard fanclub member #002

#17 Morken

Morken

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:40 PM

damn we got a scouting expert here you must have watched lots of film on them to know so much about these players

You're right. What was I thinking?

Of course Arizona would give up two future MLB pitchers for TONY CAMPANA.

Sorry.

#18 Morken

Morken

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:43 PM

It was an exp<b></b>ressi&#111;n? I'm not familiar with that exp<b></b>ressi&#111;n, I guess. Seemed more like ridiculous hyperbole to me, so I thought I'd put it into a realistic perspective.

You're welcome.

It's an expression people use quite often. I'm sorry you're having so much trouble with it. Maybe you should socialize more.

I'd tell you to go fuck yourself, but you might actually try to.

#19 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:19 PM

It was an expressi&#111;n? I'm not familiar with that expressi&#111;n, I guess. Seemed more like ridiculous hyperbole to me, so I thought I'd put it into a realistic perspective.

You're welcome.

It's an expression people use quite often. I'm sorry you're having so much trouble with it. Maybe you should socialize more.

don't knock it until you've tried it

#20 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,936 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:50 PM

It was an expressi&#111;n? I'm not familiar with that expressi&#111;n, I guess. Seemed more like ridiculous hyperbole to me, so I thought I'd put it into a realistic perspective.

You're welcome.

Tony Campana is fast enough he can do it. Clearly he is an awesome player. I see a connection here.

#21 Morken

Morken

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:18 PM

It was an expressi&amp;#111;n? I'm not familiar with that expressi&amp;#111;n, I guess. Seemed more like ridiculous hyperbole to me, so I thought I'd put it into a realistic perspective.

You're welcome.

It's an exp<b></b>ressi&#111;n people use quite often. I'm sorry you're having so much trouble with it. Maybe you should socialize more.

90's Bob Saget wants his sense of humor back.

#22 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:48 PM

It was an expressi&amp;#111;n? I'm not familiar with that expressi&amp;#111;n, I guess. Seemed more like ridiculous hyperbole to me, so I thought I'd put it into a realistic perspective.

You're welcome.

It's an expressi&#111;n people use quite often. I'm sorry you're having so much trouble with it. Maybe you should socialize more.

90's Bob Saget wants his sense of humor back.

Posted Image

#23 Petrowsky

Petrowsky

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:00 AM

When I see threads that turn into this type of argument all I can think of is this scene from Lethal Weapon 4.

Why resort to talking to one another like this over a topic that can not be proved or disproved by anyone in the world? Either one of those pitchers could become Greg Maddux or Chris Volstad of last year. No one knows, so why resort to being an ass just because you can hide behind a computer? I guarantee no one in this thread would talk to one another like this if this were a face to face conversation.

#24 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:35 AM

I guarantee no one in this thread would talk to one another like this if this were a face to face conversation.

Way to lay down the law buddy. Did you have a stuck-up, condescending look on your face when you typed this, or is that just my imagination running wild.

#25 Petrowsky

Petrowsky

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

I guarantee no one in this thread would talk to one another like this if this were a face to face conversation.

Way to lay down the law buddy. Did you have a stuck-up, condescending look on your face when you typed this, or is that just my imagination running wild.

Thank you for proving my point.

#26 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:51 PM

I'm certain that I'd be an ass to you in person as well.

#27 Petrowsky

Petrowsky

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:19 PM

I'm certain that I'd be an ass to you in person as well.

You got it King

#28 calicubsfan007

calicubsfan007

The Guy Who Came Back From the Dead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • LocationWherever I Am, There I Am

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

I think it's called internet cajones. ;)

#29 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,936 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:36 AM

Try to see a common connection with these posts...

#30 calicubsfan007

calicubsfan007

The Guy Who Came Back From the Dead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • LocationWherever I Am, There I Am

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:19 PM

The quoting system on this site makes things really hilarious after a while, when the quote covers more than 2 decent sized past posts. Kinda sad when a large quantity of a page is taken up by quotes from previous posts under the same title. Seems redundant.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).