20 replies to this topic

#1 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:04 AM

I need one of you fine folks with a copy of The Calendar to volunteer to post tomorrow's entry. I will be on the road tomorrow and the earliest opportunity I would have to post would be in the evening.

"Hey Puppet, what gives?", you may be asking yourself. Three exciting days of insurance continuing education in exotic Springfield, IL, that's what gives. Eat your hearts out!
Please don't feed the psychos.

#2 Spriggs

Spriggs

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:11 AM

I need one of you fine folks with a copy of The Calendar to volunteer to post tomorrow's entry. I will be on the road tomorrow and the earliest opportunity I would have to post would be in the evening.

"Hey Puppet, what gives?", you may be asking yourself. Three exciting days of insurance continuing education in exotic Springfield, IL, that's what gives. Eat your hearts out!

Phil, I strongly recommend eating at Saputo's downtown on East Monroe. I also strongly recommend the baked rigatoni. http://www.saputos.com/menus.html

#3 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:21 AM

Due to my ongoing Battle of the Bulge, I will pass on your fine suggestion. I have been on Puppet Weight Watchers since for the last 6 months, and have lost 54 pounds. Only 7 more to reach my goal. I believe Saputo's would be more of a temptation than I could handle.

#4 Spriggs

Spriggs

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:30 AM

Due to my ongoing Battle of the Bulge, I will pass on your fine suggestion. I have been on Puppet Weight Watchers since for the last 6 months, and have lost 54 pounds. Only 7 more to reach my goal. I believe Saputo's would be more of a temptation than I could handle.

Good for you!

#5 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:38 AM

Wouldn't a belt sander be easier?

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#6 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:47 AM

Koyie Hill offered to help out, but I didn't want to be responsible for any more mangling of his hands.

#7 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:49 AM

Koyie Hill offered to help out, but I didn't want to be responsible for any more mangling of his hands.

Try TWC then.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#8 scorecardpaul

scorecardpaul

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationRochester, Illinois

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:52 AM

Phil,
I would like to say welcome to our fine city, but I don't know how fine it is.
I would also say it would be nice to meet you, but I don't like to jynx people and then show up in the big red truck with lights and sirens.
So unless you are up for some high school or junior high girls sporting events, I probably will not see you. My girls sporting events keep us very busy.
I hope they don't work you to hard, and you find some time to enjoy your business trip in my neck of the woods.

#9 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:02 AM

I'll post it but it will be a tad later than usual and I may be slow in confirming the answer.

#10 scorecardpaul

scorecardpaul

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:06 AM

sorry Hansman, but it just wn't be the ame without the puppet. Maybee you should post the answer, and we could ges the question??

#11 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:26 AM

sorry Hansman, but it just wn't be the ame without the puppet. Maybee you should post the answer, and we could ges the question??

Just close your eyes and picture the puppet while I post away...you can even call me puppet if you need to.

#12 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,054 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:56 AM

exotic Springfield, IL.... Eat your hearts out!

Ah, Springfield...

Summer 1998. Lived in an old apple cellar on the back chunk of my then-girlfriend's parents' property on the outskirts of the southwest part of the city. Took a few weeks off mid-summer for Dead tour/camping. Sold falafel in the parking lots. Still have the hot oil scar on my left shin from the accident at Deer Creek. Rest of the time I was slugging it out in the crappiest landscaping job I've ever had. At least I had Cubs games to listen to that summer. Then back to Champaign for my final year. Ugh.

Burn the town down, Phillip!

#13 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:07 AM

Thanks Joe.

#14 scorecardpaul

scorecardpaul

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:29 AM

have a good time, but please, no town burning. Fires absolutely suck when it is this cold outside!!

#15 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,054 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:54 AM

have a good time, but please, no town burning. Fires absolutely suck when it is this cold outside!!

*ahem*

Burn the town down metaphorically, Phillip!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).