ncsujuri

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Facebook:ncsujuri
  • LocationVirginia Beach, VA

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:17 AM

So I saw this article yesterday (It's Insider content won't include too much) but it was a Power Ranking by Buster/Keith Law/Jim Bowden that took in the following factors:

MAJORS (full weight): Quality of current big league roster MINORS (full weight): Quality and quantity of prospects in their farm system FINANCE (2/3 weight): How much money do they have to spend? MANAGEMENT (2/3 weight): Value and stability of ownership, front office and coaching staff MOBILITY (1/3 weight): Do they have a lot of young, cheap players, or old, immovable guys?

They put out the bottom 15 yesterday and of note the White Sux come in at #26 and Brew Crew come in at #27. And especially good to note the the Cubs were nowhere to be found in the bottom half of the league! The top half is supposed to come out today and I will add that to this post, just thought it was an interesting read if you have ESPN Insider.

- It's a great day for a ballgame, LET'S PLAY TWO!

#2 Justen

Justen

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Twitter:sprtswiz1
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:01 AM

they just posted 1-15 about 10 minutes ago. The Cubs came in at #6 and sadly the Cardinals are #1. What I find most interesting that I take away from it is of the top 15 teams we by far have the lowest “majors” ranking. Also, of the top 15 teams all are considered to compete in some way this year.

#3 calicubsfan007

calicubsfan007

The Guy Who Came Back From the Dead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • LocationWherever I Am, There I Am

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:16 PM

We will be able to compete, we just won't really wow anyone's pants off. Won't be too shocked if we have to trade again by the deadline. But I definetly feel more confident about the team this year compared to last year's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).