Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Twitter:Zorag
  • Facebook:Jason Mollett
  • LocationAlbuquerque

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:02 PM

For one reason or another, I've never made it to Wrigley. I just bought tickets at the presale. We have Section 121, Row 15, seats 7&8 and Section 122, seats 105, 106 & 107. I'm assuming these are all together. I tried looking at several sites and the best I can figure out is that we are in the top of those sections and the Mezzanine Suites are directly behind us. We're also going to take the Wrigley tour, but haven't decided if we want to do that on the same day or not.

We are going on June 9th vs Pittsburgh. We'll probably spend 2 1/2 days or so in Chicago, as this is wedged in between visiting family in Minneapolis and down near St Louis.

We'll have my 2 1/2 year old boy and my 12 and 10 year old daughters, my wife and me.

Any and all advice is welcome. Also, if anyone wants to meet up for a beer, I'm up for that.

Zorag (Jason Mollett on FB)

#2 calicubsfan007

calicubsfan007

The Guy Who Came Back From the Dead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • LocationWherever I Am, There I Am

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:09 PM

Aw... I am envious. I wish I can go to Wrigley. Let me know how it goes.

#3 Zorag

Zorag

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:19 PM

I am certain we will have tons of pictures.

#4 Katie

Katie

Wait, is this not ChristianMingle.com?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Twitter:@katiekatcubs

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:18 PM

My biggest advice is to take the L train and walk to Wrigley. Not only is it more convenient, you get to see some of the neighborhood. I definitely recommend stopping in for a beer at one of the local watering holes. I like the Nisei Lounge or Murphy's Bleachers. It will be crowded but everything is on game day.

I don't know if you've booked your hotel yet but I'd advise one that's by a red line station so (again) you can take the train to & from the game. Are you driving to Chicago?
Peg: Oh Al! Did you miss me?
Al: With every bullet, so far.

#5 Zorag

Zorag

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:22 PM

I drive an 18 wheeler and will be parking somewhere in the Chicago area. My wife is driving her car with the kids in it. Thanks for the advice about the hotels, I'll pass that on to my wife.

#6 Katie

Katie

Wait, is this not ChristianMingle.com?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Twitter:@katiekatcubs

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:28 PM

I drive an 18 wheeler and will be parking somewhere in the Chicago area. My wife is driving her car with the kids in it. Thanks for the advice about the hotels, I'll pass that on to my wife.

The reason I ask is because parking at a hotel downtown can run you $30-45 or more per night. I drive to a Metra station that has an overflow lot like the one in Geneva,IL and park for a few bucks a day and take the Metra train into Chicago. From there you can take a cab, walk or take the L anywhere you want to go.

Have fun and remember to go to get your picture taken at Wrigley. They will put it in a special holder to commemorate your first trip.
Peg: Oh Al! Did you miss me?
Al: With every bullet, so far.

#7 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,936 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:20 AM

Definately take the L. Coming around the corner and walking up to Wrigley invoked tears my first time. Once inside, I would recommend doing everything you can to come up to the field behind home plate...another tear jerker. Just so awesome to think that 30 feet away, Babe Ruth once knocked a home run...not many places left where you can get that. Not sure why I was such a pansy that day but I was.

If you arrive early, walk around outside a bit, you may find a former Cubbie signing autographs outside.

#8 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:52 AM

or Woo Woo. That will make you go inside.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#9 scorecardpaul

scorecardpaul

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationRochester, Illinois

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:05 AM

I took my kids with me on a Wrigley Field tour many years ago. I absolutely loved it, and would recomend it to all Cub fans, but for my wife and especialy the kids it wasn't qite worth the money they charged us. I would have thought it was a deal at twice the cost, but I am sure they would have rather had the cash in their pockets ( well for a minute or 2 anyway) Have you thought about eating lunch at the Billy Goat tavern?

#10 100 Years of Tears

100 Years of Tears

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Twitter:@ChuckDarwin1
  • LocationGeneva, Illinois

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:48 AM

I didn't realize they did tours on game days... I've done the tour a few times and it's amazing every time.

Have fun!

#11 Justen

Justen

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Twitter:sprtswiz1
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:59 AM

<iframe id="nbc-video-widget" width="560" height="315" src="http://www.nbc.com/a....html?vid=n8658" frameborder="0"></iframe>

#12 Zorag

Zorag

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:12 AM

The Billy Goat Tavern was on my list. If it's kids friendly we'll have an early lunch there. My boy says Go Cubs Go any time he sees anything related to baseball, and my girls enjoy tours of most anything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).