sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:35 PM

You've gotta be fucking retarded!

Any sort of credibility you may have gained defending Kile (FACT: MARIJUANA DID NOT CONTRIBUTE TO HIS DEATH) just vanished in the air.

#47 Morken

Morken

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:38 PM

You've gotta be fucking retarded!

Any sort of credibility you may have gained defending Kile (FACT: MARIJUANA DID NOT CONTRIBUTE TO HIS DEATH) just vanished in the air.

I'm sorry that you're politically correct(and a really corny motherfucker). But anyone who insinuates that Darryl Kile died because of marijuana, or that someone is a bad person because they use drugs, is a FUCKING RETARD!

Furthermore, if someone references the negative antics of an organization's mascot as an example of something bad within that organizing, they're FUCKING RETARD!

Now get back to trying to get TV shows cancelled, corny motherfucker.

#48 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:01 AM

Posted Image

god you really are in middle school aren't you?

#49 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:06 AM

Posted Image

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#50 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:40 AM

Marajuana...smh

What confuses me is many of the same people who are crusading against tobacco smoking are ok with weed smoking.

Come on, Joe. Many of the same people who are are against prescription painkiller addiction are willing to take a tylenol when they have a headache. That doesn't make them hypocrites for being willing to take a painkiller in pill form.

I have little problem with ingesting THC in ways other than smoking (and really don't care about people smoking it)...it's not that I am against weed (it is actually one of a handful of social issues that I grapple with, I see the benefits but I also am aware of the potential risks) but the smoking of it. Has there been comprehensive studies on it similar to tobacco?

I just would not be shocked that in 30 years we start to see all kinds of studies and lawsuits about marijuana causing cancer, emphysema, etc...

A more apt analogy would be people who are against abusing prescription painkillers being ok with someone abusing Tylenol. Ya, it isn't as bad for you, and it helps your heart, but it's still bad.

#51 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:47 AM

Has there been comprehensive studies on it similar to tobacco?

Any takers for being the test monkey?

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#52 hansman1982

hansman1982

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:52 AM

Any takers for being the test monkey?

Ya, I will start a sign-up sheet. You wil lbe paid in Funyuns, Fanta and Slim Jims.

#53 Spriggs

Spriggs

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:21 AM

Not that I care anything about what you think, but I would like to clarify for others here who I do respect. I did not insinuate, nor did I state anywhere that Kile was a bad person or that pot killed him. I stated facts. He indeed had pot in his bloodstream and some was found in his hotel room.

What I insinuated was my belief that it was the cardinal organization that tried desperately to cover up the fact that Kile broke the law (smoking and possessing pot is/was against the law) to protect the name of the organization, not Kile. Obviously they were pretty successful.

And it doesn't surprise me that you don't see any humor in Fredbird getting busted.

And you can say that none of the 15 points I listed reflect on the organization. In my opinion, players, coaches, managers, and employees of the organization are part of that organization. At a minimum they certainly represent and are the face of the organization in front of thousands of people everyday.

So call me a cunt neck, a fucking retard, an elitist prick, or anything else that sounds cool to you. That's all classy stuff -- just like that organization you admire so much.

#54 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:22 AM

Tylenol is a great example actually. I damaged my liver taking tylenol pm every night as a teenager because my doctor wouldn't prescribe me anything and told me to take that instead. T'was pretty shitty to get a head start on ruining my liver before my first ever drink.

#55 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:23 AM

Not that I care anything about what you think, but I would like to clarify for others here who I do respect. I did not insinuate, nor did I state anywhere that Kile was a bad person or that pot killed him. I stated facts. He indeed had pot in his bloodstream and some was found in his hotel room.

What I insinuated was my belief that it was the cardinal organization that tried desperately to cover up the fact that Kile broke the law (smoking and possessing pot is/was against the law) to protect the name of the organization, not Kile. Obviously they were pretty successful.

And it doesn't surprise me that you don't see any humor in Fredbird getting busted.

And you can say that none of the 15 points I listed reflect on the organization. In my opinion, players, coaches, managers, and employees of the organization are part of that organization. At a minimum they certainly represent and are the face of the organization in front of thousands of people everyday.

So call me a cunt neck, a fucking retard, an elitist prick, or anything else that sounds cool to you. That's all classy stuff -- just like that organization you admire so much.

In debate we call what Morken's doing is a strawman argument

#56 hansman1982

hansman1982

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:28 AM

In debate we call what Morken's doing is a strawman argument

In internetz we call what Morken's doing as trolling. I believe it is the actual definition of trolling.

#57 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:31 AM

#58 CUBSBLEACHERBUM

CUBSBLEACHERBUM

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Twitter:@glen_pace

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:01 AM

I know that I am new here....but I get the sense, however subtle, that Morken is a Cardinal fan. Do the Cardinals not have their own message board???

#59 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:33 AM

From the National Institutes of Health website (not exactly a pro-pot source!):

"While chemically very similar, there are fundamental differences in the pharmacological properties between cannabis and tobacco smoke. ... Available scientific data, that examines the carcinogenic properties of inhaling smoke and its biological consequences, suggests reasons why tobacco smoke, but not cannabis smoke, may result in lung cancer." (link)

It's a pretty thorough article. The difficulty in these types of studies is that, at least domestically, they are literature-review studies, in which data is gleaned from a wide survey of recent studies on the topic. (This is because marijuana is classified as a schedule 1 drug, more restrictive than cocaine, and it's damn hard to get permission to use it in a clinical setting.)

I just would not be shocked that in 30 years we start to see all kinds of studies and lawsuits about marijuana causing cancer, emphysema, etc...

I dunno... who you gonna sue?

#60 hansman1982

hansman1982

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:41 AM

From the National Institutes of Health website (not exactly a pro-pot source!):

"While chemically very similar, there are fundamental differences in the pharmacological properties between cannabis and tobacco smoke. ... Available scientific data, that examines the carcinogenic properties of inhaling smoke and its biological consequences, suggests reasons why tobacco smoke, but not cannabis smoke, may result in lung cancer." (link)

It's a pretty thorough article. The difficulty in these types of studies is that, at least domestically, they are literature-review studies, in which data is gleaned from a wide survey of recent studies on the topic. (This is because marijuana is classified as a schedule 1 drug, more restrictive than cocaine, and it's damn hard to get permission to use it in a clinical setting.)

I dunno... who you gonna sue?

God...when in doubt sue him.

That article is the reason I struggle with the use of weed. There are good things, there appear to be some bad things, hemp is very useful but I want less drug use, not more... yet without widespread use we don't know what kinds of bad things is can cause.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).