fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:59 PM

While people flock to the Netherlands, they actually haven't decriminalized... they just don't enforce the laws. The country that has fully decriminalized drug use, Portugal, has seen a steep decline in drug use: http://www.time.com/...1893946,00.html This article is kind of outdated, more recent statistics have shown that it's declined by almost half over 10 years.

#62 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,936 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:12 PM

While people flock to the Netherlands, they actually haven't decriminalized... they just don't enforce the laws. The country that has fully decriminalized drug use, Portugal, has seen a steep decline in drug use: http://www.time.com/...6,00.html��This article is kind of outdated, more recent statistics have shown that it's declined by almost half over 10 years.

Interesting, I believe I have seen this type of trend with other legalizations. It would be very interesting to see if other vices that are illegal see an uptick.

#63 Morken

Morken

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:37 AM

Not that I care anything about what you think, but I would like to clarify for others here who I do respect. I did not insinuate, nor did I state anywhere that Kile was a bad person or that pot killed him. I stated facts. He indeed had pot in his bloodstream and some was found in his hotel room.

What I insinuated was my belief that it was the cardinal organization that tried desperately to cover up the fact that Kile broke the law (smoking and possessing pot is/was against the law) to protect the name of the organization, not Kile. Obviously they were pretty successful.

The Cardinals' organization did nothing to cover up any marijuana inclusion related to the autopsy. It is very clearly stated that what is probably marijuana, was found in Kile's system. It's also clearly stated that marijuana was found in Kile's hotel room. Do a google search. Nothing is covered up. You made this all up.

In the autopsy report, it clearly states the Kile died because he had "80 to 90 percent blockage of 2 main arteries". Simply put, Kile died of severely blocked arteries.

Because of a game, you've lowered yourself to smearing the name of a dead man. You're a loser.

Furthermore, people need to mind their own business when it comes to what other people put into their bodies; legal or not.

#64 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:44 AM

(...snipped out some whiny condescension...)

Furthermore, people need to mind their own business when it comes to what other people put into their bodies

Such as the broomstick that's firmly lodged up your ass?

I don't think any of us mind that.

#65 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,936 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:53 PM

Not that I care anything about what you think, but I would like to clarify for others here who I do respect. I did not insinuate, nor did I state anywhere that Kile was a bad person or that pot killed him. I stated facts. He indeed had pot in his bloodstream and some was found in his hotel room.

What I insinuated was my belief that it was the cardinal organization that tried desperately to cover up the fact that Kile broke the law (smoking and possessing pot is/was against the law) to protect the name of the organization, not Kile. Obviously they were pretty successful.

...In the autopsy report, it clearly states the Kile died because he had "80 to 90 percent blockage of 2 main arteries". Simply put, Kile died of severely blocked arteries.

Because of a game, you've lowered yourself to smearing the name of a dead man. You're a loser.

Furthermore, people need to mind their own business when it comes to what other people put into their bodies; legal or not.

So his intoxication due to taking an illegal substance didn't have any possible connection to his death? It couldn't have been that he was inebriated (again, due to an illegal substance) to the point where his cognitive thinking abilities were unable to process that he was having a heart attack and needed to seek medical attention?

So if he was driving drunk, had a heart attack and died, we should be ok with it because "...people need to mind their own business when it comes to what other people put into their bodies; legal or not."? We shouldn't care about meth users or people who abuse prescription drugs? Just ignore the person who is injecting krokodil into their system...we just need to mind our own business.

"smearing the name of a dead man" is not possible when the man died while doing something illegal.

#66 Tommy

Tommy

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • LocationPekin, IL

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:06 PM

Morken - we all can be arrogant and prideful at times, and hey, who doesn't want to be right, right? But honestly, I have never in my life ever met a person so intent on proving himself right on every single issue that he partakes in as you.

Seriously guy - go away. You are not impressing anyone with your intellect. You are not making anyone laugh with your insults, and you are most certainly not winning any friends with your brash and arrogant attitude.

I have no doubt you are an intelligent person, but I promise you there are people on this message board that are smarter than you, more educated than you, and certainly wiser than you - so please stop trying to convince us otherwise. It's not working.

My advice to you is to change your username, learn how to communicate in a more adult fashion, and start over. Seriously, I just can't comprehend how you are finding any joy out of these conversations, and honestly, I feel sorry for you.
- diehard fanclub member #002

#67 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:05 PM

I have no doubt you are an intelligent person

I have doubts

#68 Morken

Morken

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:52 AM

(...snipped out some whiny condescension...)

Furthermore, people need to mind their own business when it comes to what other people put into their bodies

Such as the broomstick that's firmly lodged up your ass?

I don't think any of us mind that.

Another person who claims to have me on ignore, yet flocks to every one of my posts.

#69 Morken

Morken

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:04 AM

...In the autopsy report, it clearly states the Kile died because he had "80 to 90 percent blockage of 2 main arteries". Simply put, Kile died of severely blocked arteries.

So his intoxication due to taking an illegal substance didn't have any possible connection to his death? It couldn't have been that he was inebriated (again, due to an illegal substance) to the point where his cognitive thinking abilities were unable to process that he was having a heart attack and needed to seek medical attention?

So if he was driving drunk, had a heart attack and died, we should be ok with it because "...people need to mind their own business when it comes to what other people put into their bodies; legal or not."? We shouldn't care about meth users or people who abuse prescription drugs? Just ignore the person who is injecting krokodil into their system...we just need to mind our own business.

"smearing the name of a dead man" is not possible when the man died while doing something illegal.

Marijuana had absolutely nothing to do with his death. The marijuana in his system was not reported to be recent. Again, it's marijuana, who gives a shit!

What people put into their bodies is their business. It's absolutely not your business. Some people can use drugs and live completely functional lives. Education and help(rehabilitation) should be readily available for all. However, "nannying" the bodies of adults is beyond ridiculous.

Cheeseburgers can lead to heart attacks/heart disease. Should we outlaw them?

You're a perfect example: Nobody stops you from stuffing your fat face with hamburgers. It's your body. So mind your fucking business when people use drugs.

#70 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:16 PM

I hate agreeing with Morken's arrogant ass, but Marijuana can be in your system for over a month after smoking it. There were no reports of any drugs found in his room so he probably wasn't stoned when he died. I highly doubt it had anything to do with his death.

Still, he picked the one point where Spriggs was wrong and decided to go for that straw man.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).