Recent Topics

Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:

Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's birthdays

No members are celebrating a birthday today

Photo

Controversial - But Totally OK - Decision Forthcoming (Series She-View)

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,640 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:06 PM

Short version: the Series She-View feature is leaving the Series Preview posts and moving to the Message Board.

Long version: I've grown a little uncomfortable with having the Series She-View in the Series Preview posts on the main page. It started, I must confess, as I settled into my role as a father of a daughter. And then it increased as I've started to think about my role as a publisher of a site that, while fun and different, is viewed by many as a legit source of news (as opposed to my role as a member of a community with a bad-ass and fun Message Board). I've decided I won't be including the She-View in Series Previews anymore.

The good news is that the She-View will live on, and it will now have the potential to be better.

Instead of being in the Series Preview post on BN, the She-View will be given its own thread, each time, on the Message Board. I'll write it, image it, and post it commensurate with the Series Preview post going up on the main site.

The She-View simply feels like a better fit for the Message Board going forward, and that move comes with two built-in improvements: (1) it's easier for folks here to post additional pictures (SAFE FOR WORK ONLY) into the threads as part of the critical discussion that the She-View always generates; and (2) we will now have the possibility that some of you can do the She-View for a given series. I'll have to think about how that would look (maybe, like, a reward? Maybe those of you who are interested can take turns? Maybe if your pick in a given series wins that series (i.e., the Cubs win or the other team wins the series, and you picked the winner based on the She in advance of the series), you get to keep doing it until you lose?). We'll figure that part out together.

The bottom line is this: yes, this decision is partly motivated by a creeping feeling that the She-View isn't wholly appropriate for the main page. To try and pretend otherwise would be transparently false and douchey. For some of you, this will look like a red flag on the rest of the content on the main page (is it going to get too serious? is it going to become sterile and boring?), and I won't be able to convince you otherwise except for the passing of time, and everything else stays the same (well, I mean, essentially - everything is always changing, especially on the Internet, otherwise you die). But, seriously: it's going to be fine. Everything else stays the same. This was a particular decision about the She-View, which became a much easier decision because of this Message Board plan. So, that was also a part of the motivation.

I hope you all are OK with the decision, and jump into the new Series She-View plan with gusto. For a while, at least, I'll still link to the She-View Message Board thread in each Series Preview, so almost nothing will change, except you've got to make an extra click (*cha-ching*!).

We're all going to be fine. Commence freak out.

#2 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,054 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:17 PM

Honestly, I think you've made the right decision, for all the reasons that you enumerated.

For some of you, this will look like a red flag on the rest of the content on the main page...

Those people can fuck off.

I, for one, welcome a dedicated location for the diversion. And look forward to the new folks that it'll draw to the MB.

Cheers, Ace.

#3 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:32 PM

in b4 Morken calling Bert a PC [radio edit]

#4 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:33 PM

In all seriousness I think a lot of women might be turned off by the series she-view post I mean there's enough rampant sexual objectification of women in sports as it is so I think this is a good idea

#5 Tommy

Tommy

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • LocationPekin, IL

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:52 PM

Good call, Brett. We're already fans of yours, so of course we'll support this move!
- diehard fanclub member #002

#6 FFP

FFP

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationWorcester County, Massachusetts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:21 PM

"this decision is partly motivated by a creeping feeling that the She-View isn't wholly appropriate..."
Brett writes like such a dad--"creeping feeling." That's gold.

#7 Cerambam

Cerambam

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Twitter:cerambam1736
  • Facebook:michael Anthony

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:35 PM

I guess I'm off to bleacher repor... I couldn't even get through at without laughing. Cheers Brett, I assumed this was coming for sometime. Everyone will be behind it, including this guy.

#8 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:43 PM

I guess it's better than being gradually phased out and forgotten, which was where I thought it was heading.

#9 Katie

Katie

Wait, is this not ChristianMingle.com?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Twitter:@katiekatcubs

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:36 PM

I'm not offended but I totally understand why you'd move it over here. I will participate with gusto.
Peg: Oh Al! Did you miss me?
Al: With every bullet, so far.

#10 Ron

Ron

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Twitter:@RonPSchwery
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:49 PM

This is the last straw....i'm done!

#11 calicubsfan007

calicubsfan007

The Guy Who Came Back From the Dead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • LocationWherever I Am, There I Am

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:16 AM

Posted Image

#12 calicubsfan007

calicubsfan007

The Guy Who Came Back From the Dead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • LocationWherever I Am, There I Am

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:17 AM

That is my two cents on this Brett ;)

#13 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:12 AM

This was a particular decision about the She-View, which became a much easier decision because of this Message Board plan. So, that was also a part of the motivation.

Anything else you want to tell us Ace?

I don't see much flack being had over this at all. My opinion is that discussions are easier to follow on the MB anyway.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#14 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:25 AM

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...

Posted Image

#15 ced landrum

ced landrum

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:41 AM

So if a lady is picked to do the series does she get to make it a he-view. If so :huh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).