Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:

Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's birthdays

No members are celebrating a birthday today

Photo

Controversial - But Totally OK - Decision Forthcoming (Series She-View)

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#16 Coldneck

Coldneck

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationDerby City

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:43 AM

I'm on board with everything except the safe for work part.

#17 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:44 AM

So if a lady is picked to do the series does she get to make it a he-view. If so :huh:

I don't recall ever seeing any "ladies" on the MB.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#18 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:51 AM

So if a lady is picked to do the series does she get to make it a he-view. If so :huh:

I don't recall ever seeing any "ladies" on the MB.

Nah, they are here...they just work extra hard to pathetically blend in with the guys. We are just too stoopid to know who they are.

#19 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,646 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:10 AM

This was a particular decision about the She-View, which became a much easier decision because of this Message Board plan. So, that was also a part of the motivation.

Anything else you want to tell us Ace?

I meant the moving the She-View thing.

#20 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,646 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:13 AM

Technically, we've had dudes in the She-View before (Lance Berkman is a repeat participant, I do believe). I guess it would be up to the lady.

It also depends on how we end up doing the "you guys get to do the She-View" thing. I'll be doing the first several, so I'm hoping it'll evolve organically from there.

(That said, if anyone is desperately wanting to do one, now's your chance to put in a plea to get on "the list".)

#21 hansman1982

hansman1982

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:18 AM

Technically, we've had dudes in the She-View before (Lance Berkman is a repeat participant, I do believe). I guess it would be up to the lady.

It also depends on how we end up doing the "you guys get to do the She-View" thing. I'll be doing the first several, so I'm hoping it'll evolve organically from there.

(That said, if anyone is desperately wanting to do one, now's your chance to put in a plea to get on "the list".)

I already have my idea but I fear that it is not "epic enough" to "warrant" a "plea" to get on "the list".

#22 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:23 AM

I already have my idea but I fear that it is not "epic enough" to "warrant" a "plea" to get on "the list".

You're not allowed to post pictures of yourself in a Hamburglar bikini eating hamburgers. Just saying.

#23 hansman1982

hansman1982

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:25 AM

This was a particular decision about the She-View, which became a much easier decision because of this Message Board plan. So, that was also a part of the motivation.

Uh-huh. Sure...

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE SHE-VIEW! Son, we live in a world that has women. And those women have to be paraded when they are scantilly clad. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Morken? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for "your image" and you curse the She-View. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that the She-View's existance on the main page, while middle-school-ish, probably saves lives. And it's existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives...You don't want the She-View. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want it on that front page. You need it on the front page.

We use words like bikini's, red-heads, brunettes...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain the She-View to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very oogling the She-View provides, then questions the manner in which I oogle it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a SI Swimsuit Edition and create a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're gonna do with the She-View!

#24 hansman1982

hansman1982

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:27 AM

You're not allowed to post pictures of yourself in a Hamburglar bikini eating hamburgers. Just saying.

HA, you are WRONG, sir!

I was going to be wearing a hamburger bikini eating hamburgers while swimming in a pool filled with gravy.

#25 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:28 AM

Do we have to be anthropocentric? If not, I nominate Schottzie

#26 justinjabs

justinjabs

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Twitter:justinjabs
  • LocationMilwaukee

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:15 AM

Sounds good, and probably a good move. Interested in participating!

Posted Image

"With Reed we will succeed."
Twitter -- Blog

#27 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:26 AM

Uh-huh. Sure...

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE SHE-VIEW! Son, we live in a world that has women. And those women have to be paraded when they are scantilly clad. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Morken? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for "your image" and you curse the She-View. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that the She-View's existance on the main page, while middle-school-ish, probably saves lives. And it's existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives...You don't want the She-View. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want it on that front page. You need it on the front page.

We use words like bikini's, red-heads, brunettes...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain the She-View to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very oogling the She-View provides, then questions the manner in which I oogle it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a SI Swimsuit Edition and create a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're gonna do with the She-View!

I'm calling a code red.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#28 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:37 AM

Well, I had a good run reading Bleacher Nation. oh wells.

#29 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,646 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:10 AM

Well, I had a good run reading Bleacher Nation. oh wells.

Maybe I was overly nervous, but I actually expected a few of these (and expect to get a few more when the season rolls around).

#30 Ogyu

Ogyu

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:18 AM

Uh-huh. Sure...

I strenuously object to this post. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).