#31 Dave

Dave

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSpringfield, MO

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:25 PM

The problem with growth. I'm happy for Brett/Ace/Duffman, but these are the growing pains.

Indeed. At these transitional points, I can only hope that my own efforts and the efforts of a certain core group of users will demonstrate the best modes of discourse. It's almost impossible to successfully change behaviors with a heavy fist. We just have to continue to be the example of how to do things.

That was a very short and informative explanation of how you would like things to work around here.

(I will keep that alive!)

#32 Katie

Katie

Wait, is this not ChristianMingle.com?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Twitter:@katiekatcubs

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:41 PM

Hansman I'm flattered and i might even be blushing a bit. It's pretty difficult to make this girl blush, trust me. I just have one problem with what you said...Old Style is not crappy beer! It's the official beer of Wrigley, after all!

And I realize I'm still somewhat of a newbie poster, but I've lurked for awhile to get the lay of the land before opening my trap. I think it's kinda like meeting someone for the first time and immediately telling off color jokes and being a douchenozzle in their house. Not cool.
Peg: Oh Al! Did you miss me?
Al: With every bullet, so far.

#33 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:31 PM

Hansman I'm flattered and i might even be blushing a bit. It's pretty difficult to make this girl blush, trust me. I just have one problem with what you said...Old Style is not crappy beer! It's the official beer of Wrigley, after all!

And I realize I'm still somewhat of a newbie poster, but I've lurked for awhile to get the lay of the land before opening my trap. I think it's kinda like meeting someone for the first time and immediately telling off color jokes and being a douchenozzle in their house. Not cool.

Wow. Douchenozzle. From a lady? Sold.

#34 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,938 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:03 PM

Wow. Douchenozzle. From a lady? Sold.

Again, stuff of legends in the hansman1982 Cave

#35 Hawkeye

Hawkeye

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Twitter:@hawkeyedsm
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:27 PM

With comments like that from Katie, she could look like Oswego Chris's gravatar pic and she would still be arousing the likes of hansman1982. In case you weren't officially ever welcomed katie, let me do the honors. It's nice to have you as one of the guys.

#36 Sam

Sam

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Twitter:SamVari7
  • Facebook:sam.varipapa
  • LocationBaltimore MD & Huntington WV

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:05 AM

Bold changes: something for which the organization/roster/lineup wasn't quite ready in June/July.

But now is the time for bold changes.

Posted Image
"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."- Hunter S. Thompson

#37 Internet Random

Internet Random

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:57 AM

Old Style is crappy beer. I still like it, of course, because I associate it with Wrigley... but that doesn't make it any less crappy.

My Ignore List:
Crockett, mountsalami, sans

#38 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:08 PM

Old Style is crappy beer. I still like it, of course, because I associate it with Wrigley... but that doesn't make it any less crappy.

But it becomes nectar when you drink near Wrigley, I myself will never at it at home unless the Cubs are in the playoffs.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#39 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:09 PM

I think we need to consolidate all these terms to a pegged post that Brett can add to as new terms are coined. It will definitely help the virgins

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#40 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:41 PM

I think we need to consolidate all these terms to a pegged post that Brett can add to as new terms are coined. It will definitely help the virgins

If someone wants to put together a consolidated post (that they can edit from time to time as necessary), I'll gladly pin it.

#41 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:55 PM

If someone wants to put together a consolidated post (that they can edit from time to time as necessary), I'll gladly pin it.

The BN FAQ. Wow. We've arrived.

#42 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:01 PM

I'll work on it and get it to you, so readers get in your lexicon and FAQ suggestions now.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#43 Katie

Katie

Wait, is this not ChristianMingle.com?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Twitter:@katiekatcubs

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:38 AM

With comments like that from Katie, she could look like Oswego Chris's gravatar pic and she would still be arousing the likes of hansman1982. In case you weren't officially ever welcomed katie, let me do the honors. It's nice to have you as one of the guys.

Thank you Hawkeye. Feels good to be home.
Peg: Oh Al! Did you miss me?
Al: With every bullet, so far.

#44 Hawkeye

Hawkeye

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Twitter:@hawkeyedsm
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:23 PM

We are glad to have you around...and the controversy that you bring as well ;). Also, thanks to MG for rounding up the list for the official Lexicon. I think it will be nice to have a list of terms that only have signifigance on BN, or that have differing meanings from what one may think. It is imperitive that we do get it posted though, as I did see somebody finish their post with the dreaded C word today. There is just no room on this site anymore for references to baked goods being tossed around so loosely. The BNV's need somewhere to reference for proper protocol. While we are at it, we should include some kind of actual protocol for the site. Some "rule of the road" type things.

#45 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:33 PM

An FAQ old like to add is that the comment section does not respond to @ mention or # hastag of twitter and hence should not be used. I've seen too many @AVATARNAME in the responses as of late

MichiganGoat on Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).