Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Twitter:@RonPSchwery
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:24 PM

Bleacher Nation Lexicon

"Y U No take Pitchers Out" - Reference to a pitcher being Quaded by pitching after he obviously is gassed or simply does not have it. Often associated with an image that may or may not bear a cartoonish resemblance to Ozzie Guillen.

#47 Dave

Dave

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSpringfield, MO

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:10 PM

Blog-A-Thon (see: prostitution) What Brett does to get his readers to send him money to pay for his gold plated bidet.

#48 Internet Random

Internet Random

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:15 AM

An FAQ old like to add is that the comment section does not respond to @ mention or # hastag of twitter and hence should not be used. I've seen too many @AVATARNAME in the responses as of late

Maybe, but I find the @handle convention helpful sometimes. E.g., when WordPress won't sub-thread/indent the comments any further.

My Ignore List:
Crockett, mountsalami, sans

#49 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:23 AM

Quaded - vb. to be inept. Trying to save your job by hindering the careers of those under you.
n. A person who makes decisions that makes the insane look down right palatable.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#50 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,639 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:52 AM

Blog-A-Thon (see: prostitution) What Brett does to get his readers to send him money to pay for his gold plated bidet.

It still cleans my ass, but, man, that thing shows grime like you wouldn't believe.

#51 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:52 AM

An FAQ old like to add is that the comment section does not respond to @ mention or # hastag of twitter and hence should not be used. I've seen too many @AVATARNAME in the responses as of late

Maybe, but I find the @handle convention helpful sometimes. E.g., when WordPress won't sub-thread/indent the comments any further.

@IR I have to agree on that one.

#52 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 11 November 2011 - 10:17 AM

@IR I have to agree on that one.

Fine @Bert but I still hate you

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#53 Katie

Katie

Wait, is this not ChristianMingle.com?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Twitter:@katiekatcubs

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:37 PM

We are glad to have you around...and the controversy that you bring as well ;). Also, thanks to MG for rounding up the list for the official Lexicon. I think it will be nice to have a list of terms that only have signifigance on BN, or that have differing meanings from what one may think. It is imperitive that we do get it posted though, as I did see somebody finish their post with the dreaded C word today. There is just no room on this site anymore for references to baked goods being tossed around so loosely. The BNV's need somewhere to reference for proper protocol. While we are at it, we should include some kind of actual protocol for the site. Some "rule of the road" type things.

Yeah, I didn't mean to start shit stirring but I get tired of certain trolls just coming in and demanding shit of Brett. I also don't like being told this isn't a dating site. Um, no kidding, toolbox.
Peg: Oh Al! Did you miss me?
Al: With every bullet, so far.

#54 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:59 PM

Ok so I have REALLY missed something here. I know I'm the new kid on the block but come on. Hopefully being a BNV mself (wanted to say something else there but) I haven't done anything myself and hope that if and when I do you will bring it to my attention.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#55 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:21 AM

Okay BN Vets and Virgins alike, I'm working on the consolidated lexicon today and will submit it to Brett today (where his heavy handed editing will go to work) so please get in any additional item in today. The list will continue as we grow but if you want something in the inaugural list get posted on here today.

Thanks,

MG - Unoffical Bleacher Nation Lexicographer

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#56 Katie

Katie

Wait, is this not ChristianMingle.com?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Twitter:@katiekatcubs

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:30 AM

Whatever you come up with, MG, just make sure Tiresome and Beating A Dead Sandberg Horse are on there. Much appreciated!
Peg: Oh Al! Did you miss me?
Al: With every bullet, so far.

#57 Hawkeye

Hawkeye

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Twitter:@hawkeyedsm
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 14 November 2011 - 04:20 PM

Thanks MG for getting all the information consolidated and submitted to Brett. Who knows when we will see the final product. I am still waiting for the promised "Bartman" article that was supposed to be posted on November 1st? I am starting to worry that Brett might be going Hollywood on us? Get invited to one awards ceremony and all the sudden you don't have time for the little people. I remember back in the day when a guy named Ace used to come down from his throne and pat us all on the head and tell us how important we are. Aaahhh...memories.

#58 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 05:00 PM

It's still not done fellow BNers I have much else going on and editing to do

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#59 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:06 PM

No rush on my end, homey.

#60 Hawkeye

Hawkeye

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Twitter:@hawkeyedsm
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 15 November 2011 - 08:11 AM

Way to go MG. Brett is a pretty awesome guy by all counts, so when I finally get a chance to give him a hard time, you go all Kevin Costner from "Bodyguard" on me and dive in front of the bullet.

Note: any comaparisons drawn between Brett and the role played by Whitney Houston in the movie "Bodyguard" are completely coincidental.

Note 2: my sincerest apologies for making a Whitney Houston movie reference in a post on a Cubs website. I am shameful for my acts. Even Katie would be embarrassed for me.

Potential Lexicon Addition:

Pulling a Hawkeye: referencing a chick flick movie on a website predominately visited by sports loving males.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).