Rick Vaughn 99

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Facebook:kloyer5
  • LocationAnchorage, AK

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:12 PM

God Katie, for the last time, NO I WILL NOT MAKE OUT WITH YOU! Quit sending me private messages. I'm happily married.

:D

Totally uncalled for, right? Sorry, trying to bore myself to sleep. Some dude named al is flooding the main board with stupidity tonight.
- die hard fanclub member #001

#92 Katie

Katie

Wait, is this not ChristianMingle.com?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Twitter:@katiekatcubs

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:48 PM

Rick! You're awesome. You guys have cheered me up this evening.
Peg: Oh Al! Did you miss me?
Al: With every bullet, so far.

#93 cubsbz

cubsbz

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:15 PM

Short and informative: Brett.

Fixed.

#94 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,637 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:46 PM

Short and informative: Brett.

Fixed.

Whoa, beeze. I totally missed your appearance.

#95 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:08 PM

Also include "A jizzer out to right" as Katie used a while back to describe Ryan Theriot's base hits.

#96 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:16 AM

OBP (Overall Belly-Fire Percentage)

The undervalued: MISS (Moxy In Stressful Situations)

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#97 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,936 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:23 AM

sCRAP+ - Scrappiness on a 100-average scale.  Not sure who is average, just know that Theriot is 999 and Castro is -125.

BELLYf+ - Similar to OBP but uses an exponent of the binomial calculation of the trigonometry of sCRAP+.  Theriot is, once again, 999.  Aramis was -999 during his tenure with the Cubs.

#98 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:11 AM

Here is the aggregate of this thread. If I missed something let me know & I will add it in.

Ace: the former tag line used by the almighty creator, Brett. Other synonyms include, "The One" and "He who will bring balance to the force."

Aggregate: Plagiarize

Apocalypse Now: refers to the feeling one received from realizing the Cardinals won the WS. Often followed by a series of fucks.

BELLYf+ - :Similar to OBP but uses an exponent of the binomial calculation of the trigonometry of sCRAP+.  Theriot is, once again, 999.  Aramis was -999 during his tenure with the Cubs.

Bert: Brett

BertMan: See Brett, Ace, AceCubbie, #BagOfFeminieHygieneProduct, synonymous to Captain Planet

Blog-A-Thon (see: prostitution) What Brett does to get his readers to send him money to pay for his gold plated bidet.

Bold changes: something for which the organization/roster/lineup wasn't quite ready in June/July.

BNV: (BleacherNation Virgin) this relatively new term refers to those posting on this site for their first time.

"Chemistry". The answer to all a dugout's ills. Some of you new kids might have to scroll back a few months for that.

Chemistry Cat:

sports-chemistry-cat.jpg

Convenient "slip of the tounge": trying to get your name in the lexicon for all of posterity.

Cookies: although many believe to know the definition of this word, it has taken on an alter meaning on this site. It once was used to defuse negative, unintelligent anti-Cubs reteric (see diehard). This term was largely overused in its brief exisitence and has since been banned from this site. The only reason for its inclusion in this list is to warn unsuspecting BVN's from unknowingly using the term. Consider yourselves warned.

Crype: (invented by Oswego Chris) term created to sum up the majority of players drafted by the Cubs before 2011.

Dick Tidrow: this man beast roamed the friendly confines from 1979-1982. His lore has grown to unfathomable heights within the halls of BleacherNation and is considered the "Chuck Norris" of his era. Tread lightly if you dare.

diehard: screen name used by a fellow poster to this site. This bitter individual has yet to accept the regime change, and still holds onto wrong doings of Cubs yester year. Take the comments posted by diehard with a grain of salt, but please keep your distance and do not poke the bear.

Duffman: Ace/Brett's former avatar (and current twitter avatar), if you don't know who Duffman is you'll have a hard time keeping up on BN.

ellipsis points (...): an often over used punctuation device that is used way too much by some posters and lends to make a comment appear schizophrenic and difficult to understand.

he Garza Deal: trade done before the 2011 season in which some believe that the Cubs quite literally "sold the farm".

Katie: hansman1982's BN love. Her ability to have a picture taken where she is smoking, drinking a crappy beer and wearing Cubs gear while at Wrigley is the stuff of legends in the hansman1982 cave.

Kyle-ing: arguing for the sake of arguing, especially when it is apparent to anyone outside of a mental institution than you have far more invested in seeming to be right rather than actually getting at any real truth.

MISS: Moxy In Stressful Situations

OBP: Overall Belly-Fire Percentage

Pulling a Hawkeye: referencing a chick flick movie on a website predominately visited by sports loving males.

Pulling a Taylor: To plagiarize.

Scrappy: Small, hustling guys who seem to be allergic to OBPs above .300

sCRAP+ - : Scrappiness on a 100-average scale.  Not sure who is average, just know that Theriot is 999 and Castro is -125.

Short and informative: things of which this site is neither.

Sveet: 1.Our new manager.

2. a general feeling of euphoria and or hope

Svell = see sveet

Sveat = persperation generated while practicing fundamentals and taking hacks in the cage

Svelte, something Prince Fielder will never be.

Svearve = often used in a phrase suck as "get you svearve on" I think the cubs will have to win a WS before this can even be discussed.

Sveep = the past tense of this shall never be uttered

Sveltry = a cubs hitter who finds himself in the middle of a hot streak

Svord = ?

Svagger = a new a attitude, see the "the Cubs way"

"Tiresome": the perfect way to explain (and hopefully dismiss) some of the arguing-for-the-sake-of-arguing back-and-forth that has developed recently on the front page comments. Agree, disagree, agree to disagree, whatever. But to keep pressing your point over and over only to be "right", to say "I told you so"? Yawn, man. State your peace and move on. This ain't the comments list at cubs.com.

TOOTBLAN: Thrown Out On The Basepath Like A Nincompoop.

TWTW: The Will To Win aka the only advanced baseball metric that Hawk Harrelson cares about"

Upside: see Crype.

Quaded - vb. to be inept. Trying to save your job by hindering the careers of those under you.
n. A person who makes decisions that makes the insane look down right palatable.

"Y U No take Pitchers Out" - Reference to a pitcher being Quaded by pitching after he obviously is gassed or simply does not have it. Often associated with an image that may or may not bear a cartoonish resemblance to Ozzie Guillen.

Zambrano'd: A word used when the continuation of a debate is no longer fruitful for either party because all facts have been laid out and the debate is becoming less and less effective despite the time cost of the debate increasing. See also: Agree to Disagree

Edited by Cubbie Blues, 29 April 2013 - 05:42 AM.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#99 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:17 AM

Oh, is THAT what "Ace means...?

#100 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:23 AM

Don't blame me, I plagiarized aggregated it.

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#101 hansman1982

hansman1982

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:28 AM

Don't blame me, I plagiarized aggregated it.

You've just pulled a Taylor. 

#102 Internet Random

Internet Random

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:22 PM

"Kyle-ing": arguing for the sake of arguing, especially when it is apparent to anyone outside of a mental institution than you have far more invested in seeming to be right rather than actually getting at any real truth.

My Ignore List:
Crockett, mountsalami, sans

#103 dkhockey24

dkhockey24

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Twitter:@dkhockey24
  • LocationChicago/New York

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:59 PM

Not exactly a BN-centric thing, but I think TOOTBLAN should be included.

#104 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:26 PM

also "TWTW" ("the will to win" aka the only advanced baseball metric that Hawk Harrelson cares about"

and Cunt Douche

#105 hansman1982

hansman1982

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:04 PM

"Kyle-ing": arguing for the sake of arguing, especially when it is apparent to anyone outside of a mental institution than you have far more invested in seeming to be right rather than actually getting at any real truth.

But the truth is when you paint rainbows on unicorns.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).