fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:08 PM

ok there's the picture, yes Obama has met with Chavez as a head of the state meeting another head of the state. No different than Reagan meeting with Gorbachev in the 80s. Obama didn't give Chavez communion, though.

#47 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:34 PM

ok there's the picture, yes Obama has met with Chavez as a head of the state meeting another head of the state. No different than Reagan meeting with Gorbachev in the 80s. Obama didn't give Chavez communion, though.

Ya, if the communion thing is true, that's pretty bad. (Being serious here)

#48 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:41 PM

shut up you cheeseburger walrus you obvio- oh wait you're agreeing with me? nvm you're a gentleman and a scholar

#49 hansman1982

hansman1982

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:29 PM

shut up you cheeseburger walrus you obvio- oh wait you're agreeing with me? nvm you're a gentleman and a scholar

I may break my unwritten rule and change my twitter handle. CheeseburgerWalrus. Certainly gonna be my fantasy teams new names.

#50 calicubsfan007

calicubsfan007

The Guy Who Came Back From the Dead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • LocationWherever I Am, There I Am

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:15 PM

Quite an imposing team name hansman. The CheeseburgerWalruses.

#51 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:52 AM

I look forward to when Morken Loves Marge faces off against the Cheeseburger Walruses. If our fantasy league was real I'm sure that would be the saturday game of the week on Fox

#52 Morken

Morken

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:24 AM

Once again, all you've backed up your charges with, is a picture. You've provided absolutely zero factually evidence.

In the case of the two priests you mentioned: A court of law abolished the new Pope of any wrong doing.

Adolfo Perez Esquivel, influential Argentine Nobel Peace Prize winner, stated that the Pope "was no accomplice and had no links to the dictatorship".

Liberal pussies like you, who remain intolerant to religion, enjoy pissing all over the faith of so many(except Muslims, who make you shit your pants). You do so by hurling baseless accusations, while being devoid of any accountability when you're proven wrong.

Now get back to doing nothing with your silly history degree.

#53 calicubsfan007

calicubsfan007

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:51 PM

I look forward to when Morken Loves Marge faces off against the Cheeseburger Walruses. If our fantasy league was real I'm sure that would be the saturday game of the week on Fox

Would be quite a rivalry.

#54 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:21 PM

Liberal pussies like you, who remain intolerant to religion, enjoy pissing all over the faith of so many(except Muslims, who make you shit your pants).

#1 Not a liberal
#2 Not intolerant to religion, just the institution of the Catholic Church (my ancestors came to America because the church wanted to kill them)
#3. Islam is a religion of peace and solidarity. Go back to watching Zero Dark 30 and Argo you orientalist prick.

#55 calicubsfan007

calicubsfan007

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:27 PM

Sorry about the bad experience related to the Catholic Church. Although I am Catholic, I am fully aware that there are Catholics that aren't good people and don't follow Christ, and that some of these people happen to be some of the leaders of the Church. I am Catholic and proud of it, but I am honestly embarrassed by those people. It makes all Catholics look bad.

#56 FFP

FFP

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 407 posts
  • LocationWorcester County, Massachusetts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:41 PM

I did not expect BN to be a source for info on the new Argentine pope. In other sources (Reuters was almost as fast getting this out as hansman) I have read since, I have seen no other posting of that image of Jorge back in the day (great post, ftm). I know this thread started as a bit of a goof, but I am grateful for the posts here pointing me toward forming an opinion on the truth.

Some of that formation demands of me, a re-lapsed Catholic, some rationalization. So far,my own apologist narrative for Francis' behavior back in the Dirty War Days involves his sash really being a utility belt constructed by a "deacon" named Kato who helps him carry out double agent daring-do.

Seriously, if I had ever heard of the Dirty Wars, I had forgotten about it along with Calculus and my locker combination.

Thanks.

#57 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:55 PM

Some of the comments on here make me think of this
Posted Image

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#58 calicubsfan007

calicubsfan007

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:13 PM

I did not expect BN to be a source for info on the new Argentine pope. In other sources (Reuters was almost as fast getting this out as hansman) I have read since, I have seen no other posting of that image of Jorge back in the day (great post, ftm). I know this thread started as a bit of a goof, but I am grateful for the posts here pointing me toward forming an opinion on the truth.

Some of that formation demands of me, a re-lapsed Catholic, some rationalization. So far,my own apologist narrative for Francis' behavior back in the Dirty War Days involves his sash really being a utility belt constructed by a "deacon" named Kato who helps him carry out double agent daring-do.

Seriously, if I had ever heard of the Dirty Wars, I had forgotten about it along with Calculus and my locker combination.

Thanks.

This Kato? ;)
Posted Image

#59 Morken

Morken

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:32 PM

Liberal pussies like you, who remain intolerant to religion, enjoy pissing all over the faith of so many(except Muslims, who make you shit your pants).

#1 Not a liberal
#2 Not intolerant to religion, just the institution of the Catholic Church (my ancestors came to America because the church wanted to kill them)
#3. Islam is a religion of peace and solidarity. Go back to watching Zero Dark 30 and Argo you orientalist prick.

You lost most of your credibility when you provided false information regarding the new Pope, as intolerance illuminated your every word. Now, any remaining credibility is lost as you defend Islam.

Catholicism deserves criticism for the hypocrisy and curruption that's infiltrated the church. But to bash Catholicism, while simultaneously referring to Islam as "a religion of peace and solidarity" allows us to see you for the illogical, bias, hypocrite, you are.

While there are many Muslims who remain peaceful, a large portion remains intolerant and violent. Violent acts are carried out in the name of Islam far too often.

#60 hansman1982

hansman1982

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:35 PM

#1 Not a liberal

Re #2 & 3

All of the major religions are religions of peace. All of the major religions have factions within it that use said religion to commit crimes.

Having a bad taste in your mouth for Catholicism because of something that happened to your ancestors is no different than any American alive having issues with Islam. Terrorism is to Islam what pedophilia is to Catholicism. leaders in both religions did, are doing, will continue to perpetrate evil acts. This should NOT be construed as a slam against the religions. Nor should we hold these things against all the people of these groups.

Now, just as people are critical of Christians (especially Priests), we should be just as critical of Muslims. (Really of people and leaders of all religions (and doubly so of our elected officials (basically, of any group that holds power and influence over others)))

No one group has a monopoly on hatred, violence, love or peace.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).