T C

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Twitter:@tommyecook
  • LocationThe University of Illinois

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:55 PM

I'm going to be seeing a bunch of Kane County games this summer, and I wanted to ask you all who you want to see video of/read scouting reports of. I'm already planning on getting stuff on the following players:
  • Albert Almora, CF (BP #1)
  • Dan Vogelbach, 1B (BP #5)
  • Gioskar Amaya, 2B
  • Jeimer Candelario, 3B
  • Marco Hernandez, SS
  • Rock Shoulders, 1B/LF
  • Trey Martin, CF
  • Tayler Scott, SP
  • Dillon Maples, SP (BP #10)
  • Juan Carlos Paniagua, SP
  • Pierce Johnson, SP (BP #7)
  • Steven Bruno, UTIL
Who am I missing? What kind of footage do you want to see of all of these players? Which players would you want specific defensive film on? Let me know!

#2 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:06 PM

Austin Reed and Ben Wells among the pitchers. For hitters, you got most of them, would like to see how Zeke DeVoss is progressing, and wouldn't mind seeing video of Golden, Easterling, or Krist

#3 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
  • Twitter:@ltblaize
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:46 PM

Hopefully Wells and DeVoss won't be in Kane County at all this year. Ditto Paniagua. And I'm not so sure about Bruno.

Any of the pitchers. Literally, any of them. That is going to be a deep and potential-ful rotation, and the bullpen will be just as packed.

#4 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:11 PM

make sure to get video of Candelerio's defense

#5 Tommy

Tommy

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • LocationPekin, IL

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:50 PM

Hey Tommy,

I'd love it if you could get some video of Dustin Geiger (I think he's there this year). He shows some decent power.

Also, Gerardo Concepcion (who I think sucks) to see if last year was an aberration or if he's really as bad as he appeared. I hope he's not for all the money we're paying him. By we, I mean the Cubs!
- diehard fanclub member #002

#6 Spriggs

Spriggs

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:32 PM

Hey Tommy,

I'd love it if you could get some video of Dustin Geiger (I think he's there this year). He shows some decent power.

Also, Gerardo Concepcion (who I think sucks) to see if last year was an aberration or if he's really as bad as he appeared. I hope he's not for all the money we're paying him. By we, I mean the Cubs!

Sorry, I'm not a video guy, but it's funny you should mention Geiger, because I just got back from Fitch and was watching him hit against live pitching today. Soler was in the group with him. Geiger is no slouch, but my gosh, Soler is soooo much more fun to watch.

On a different note, I have never been a big Wes Darvill fan, but he sure looks better and stronger this year. He was actually stinging some live pitching today. The kid must have been - or still is - on a stregthening program. Used to not be able to see him when he turned sidewise, but that is not the case anymore.

Lastly, Reggie Golden was also hitting today and he is definitely in better shape this camp than last one!

#7 Spriggs

Spriggs

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:16 AM

Also was going mention that Caridad (remember him?) looks like he's healthy again. Was throwing hard

#8 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:56 PM

Caridad pitched pretty well at times last season. I don't think we can count him out of the mid-season bullpen reinforcement pool.

#9 T C

T C

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:26 PM

Thanks for your responses, guys! I will be sure to get a bunch of video of guys playing defense, though that may be during pre-game drills more than anything else.

#10 Katie

Katie

Wait, is this not ChristianMingle.com?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Twitter:@katiekatcubs

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:47 AM

I need to figure out where Anthony Giansanti is starting this year. I'd like to see him get it together.
Peg: Oh Al! Did you miss me?
Al: With every bullet, so far.

#11 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:08 AM

I need to figure out where Anthony Giansanti is starting this year. I'd like to see him get it together.

Ya, he is one of my faves...although, he does owe me a stand-up routine when he gets to Iowa.

#12 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

Looks like DeVoss is going to Daytona instead of Kane County, so I'll be getting a first hand look.

#13 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:08 PM

DeVoss easily did well enough in Peoria to warrant a promotion this year. His BA is low, but between the OBP and steals he did pretty well in 2012.

#14 npnovak

npnovak

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Twitter:@npnovak

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:03 PM

Oh gosh. I was just looking at mlb.com's 2013 prospect watch, and they have a guy named "Darien Martin" listed at #19 for the Cubs. I was so confused. I had never heard of him. It took me a half an hour to figure out that's Trey Martin's real name.

#15 T C

T C

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:21 PM

make sure to get video of Candelerio's defense

It's tough to get in-game video of guys on defense unless you have a whole hell of a lot of exra memory space on your SD card than I do. What I can report back early though is that Jeimer Candelario looks very comfortable in the field. He's made a few very nice charging plays, he reacted well to a bad hop, and he just generally looks like he knows what he is doing out there. After the reports of his defense last season I was expecting some hulking dude with hands of stone, but he's really a competent 3B at the moment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).