King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:02 PM

I don't want to say it, but I'm going to anyway.

#3 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,642 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:46 PM

Sweet Lou must have become a message board guy in his retirement.

#4 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
  • Twitter:@ltblaize
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:56 PM

A former big league manager makes a stupid remark that gets him into hot water?

The Miami Marlins probably have a job offer on the way!

#5 Morken

Morken

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:48 PM

How silly.

Seriously, if certain writers/news outlets inform people that they SHOULD find something wrong with what somebody said, they will.

Fans who watched this game didnt flinch when Lou said this.

#6 calicubsfan007

calicubsfan007

The Guy Who Came Back From the Dead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • LocationWherever I Am, There I Am

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:55 PM

Just Lou talking out of his ass... again.

#7 Morken

Morken

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:05 PM

I've been reading ths website for a while. I remember a past write-up by Brett, that when attempting to analogize a poor influence on a team's organization, he referred to them as being a "cancer". Should anyone who's ever had cancer, or anyone who's had a loved one die from cancer, be offended for his "stupid remarks"?

How about when Brett talks about a team being "killed" by another team? Should anyone who's has a family member who was killed, be offended?

Enough with the false outrage. What the fuck happened to men?

#8 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:37 PM

I'm not sure anyone on here is "outraged". Or perhaps you were talking about the people on Deadspin. I dunno.

#9 calicubsfan007

calicubsfan007

The Guy Who Came Back From the Dead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • LocationWherever I Am, There I Am

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:11 AM

Why should people be outraged? The man has a right to say what he wants. Provided that he isn't saying fire in a crowded theater.

#10 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,642 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:56 AM

I've been reading ths website for a while. I remember a past write-up by Brett, that when attempting to analogize a poor influence on a team's organization, he referred to them as being a "cancer". Should anyone who's ever had cancer, or anyone who's had a loved one die from cancer, be offended for his "stupid remarks"?

How about when Brett talks about a team being "killed" by another team? Should anyone who's has a family member who was killed, be offended?

How about real outrage about people who aren't outraged? Because you sound pretty upset about this ...

#11 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:40 AM

How about real outrage about people who aren't outraged? Because you sound pretty upset about this ...

You might say he's outraged, even.

#12 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:49 AM

I was thinking more along the lines of abhorred.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#13 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:51 AM

He seems as upset about this as I am when I run out of hamburgers.

#14 Morken

Morken

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:00 AM

Obviously you haven't read anything about this incident. Multiple papers made a fuss over this incident, forcing Lou to publicly apologize in order to keep his job.

Furthermore, Spencer - who now wishes to act like he doesn't think that this was a big deal - started a thread over this harmless incident, linking the article, writing that it was "self-explanatory".

Luke then draws a comparison between Ozzie Guillen's support for Fidel Castro, and what Lou said.

Should you have to publicly apologize for your "cancer" analogies?

This should have been a non-story.

#15 Morken

Morken

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:01 AM

He seems as upset about this as I am when I run out of hamburgers.

When you run out of hamburgers, people die.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).